Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:38 pm
  #31  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,063
Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

This is all very exciting.

Just getting over a cold I had at the weekend, I suppose we'd better think about packing a suitcase then

Will be nice to get away from this Glasgow slush, and see some Canadian slush, lol.
Dave n Ailsa is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 12:33 pm
  #32  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 133
madscots will become famous soon enoughmadscots will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

I wish we could make it and meet fellow Scots but have something else on that night.
Enjoy your trip and hope to meet you when you get over for good
madscots is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:32 pm
  #33  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by madscots View Post
I wish we could make it and meet fellow Scots but have something else on that night.
Enjoy your trip and hope to meet you when you get over for good
Sorry to hear you can't make it (not even for a swift pint?) but there will be other times.

So far it seems we have around 15 people potentially going - including a couple that have pm'd me.. so should be a good evening!

Miss Clinique - do I need to call The Poacher and warn them and maybe reserve the corner tables do you think?

Looking forwards to meeting up with you all
Siouxie is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:30 pm
  #34  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,063
Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

That's the dog dropped off at the luxury dog hotel (that's what I told Ailsa )

Next, get the kids packed and delivered to grandparents.

Then we can get ourselves sorted out

Oh, quick question...

Are we having food at the meet, or is it just drinks, with optional snackage?
Dave n Ailsa is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:43 pm
  #35  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Most people get something or else share some appetisers, it really depends on what people want to do and how hungry they are. Thursday night is curry night - though I don't know how good it is.

Their menu is here: http://www.thepoacher.ca/main/?page_id=8

Enjoy your flight tomorrow and hope the weekend is a reasonably relaxed one for you both.

See ya next week!

Siouxie is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:16 pm
  #36  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
Sorry to hear you can't make it (not even for a swift pint?) but there will be other times.

So far it seems we have around 15 people potentially going - including a couple that have pm'd me.. so should be a good evening!

Miss Clinique - do I need to call The Poacher and warn them and maybe reserve the corner tables do you think?

Looking forwards to meeting up with you all
You could call, I will see them on Tuesday they are picking us up from the airport.

I don't see the lady from Carlise on this thread, I wonder if she would like to come? Can't remember her name.
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:19 pm
  #37  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
Most people get something or else share some appetisers, it really depends on what people want to do and how hungry they are. Thursday night is curry night - though I don't know how good it is.

Their menu is here: http://www.thepoacher.ca/main/?page_id=8

Enjoy your flight tomorrow and hope the weekend is a reasonably relaxed one for you both.

See ya next week!


All the food at the poacher is excellent. Better than a lot of restaurants. We/ I will eat there, not sure if OH is in New York.
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:44 pm
  #38  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Orton, Ontario
Posts: 2,024
HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Did we agree on the sparkly attire? I like the idea too...
HGerchikov is offline  
Old Dec 7th 2012, 11:51 pm
  #39  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
You could call, I will see them on Tuesday they are picking us up from the airport.

I don't see the lady from Carlise on this thread, I wonder if she would like to come? Can't remember her name.
I did email them but if you could let them know please that would be awesome. There should be around 16 people coming, theoretically, so if we could get that corner area reserved for us it would be helpful.

I sent a pm to everyone who has ever expressed interest in a meet up, I have not heard back from the majority so if you can remember who she is I will send her an invite!

Originally Posted by HGerchikov View Post
Did we agree on the sparkly attire? I like the idea too...
Wear what ever your heart desires I think sparkly attire is lovely, but should be optional - not everyone has some (me included!). Plus not sure the guys would really want to wear it, lol.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:05 am
  #40  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
I did email them but if you could let them know please that would be awesome. There should be around 16 people coming, theoretically, so if we could get that corner area reserved for us it would be helpful.

I sent a pm to everyone who has ever expressed interest in a meet up, I have not heard back from the majority so if you can remember who she is I will send her an invite!



Wear what ever your heart desires I think sparkly attire is lovely, but should be optional - not everyone has some (me included!). Plus not sure the guys would really want to wear it, lol.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=Burlington

Sammypeeps on this thread Siouxie
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:35 am
  #41  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
I sent an email and a pm to those that were showing interest on that thread, so maybe some more will come.

Thanks!

Siouxie is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:28 am
  #42  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: From NS to ON to AB & back to ON. Currently in USA
Posts: 100
Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Please count me and my husband in!!! Thank you for letting me know!! I havnt been on the forum for a while!
Sammypeeps is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 2:46 am
  #43  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Excellent! So I think that brings us to around 18 people so far - hopefully all can make it.

Anyone from the surrounding areas is also very welcome to come along - the more the merrier.

Siouxie is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 7:02 pm
  #44  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by siouxie View Post
Excellent! So I think that brings us to around 18 people so far - hopefully all can make it.

Anyone from the surrounding areas is also very welcome to come along - the more the merrier.


I will call big Ron and his wife when I get back, their son lives in Burlington so they might want to come.
Miss Clinique is offline  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:40 pm
  #45  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
I will call big Ron and his wife when I get back, their son lives in Burlington so they might want to come.
Oh I had forgotten about Big Ron! That would be great
Siouxie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.