Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Thought it would be good to have a pre-Christmas meet-up for the Hamilton / Burlington mob - and anyone else that is available, additionally there are some people who are moving to the area from the UK who would like to meet some of us

Suggested day is Thursday 13th December, around 6.30pm in Burlington at The Poacher as this seems to be the easiest place for most of you to get to.

Anyone interested please post ..

Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:18 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre-Christmas Meet Up - Hamilton/Burlington

Hey Sue, looks like they need to know who the special guests are..

It's Meee and Ailsa :-)

Ailsa is over doing some training with her work and I've managed to grab a cheap (relatively speaking) Air Canada flight

Would be great to meet up and hear about your life in Canada so far

I promise I won't wear the kilt
Old Nov 29th 2012, 3:07 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I am back from the UK on 11th, so I should be able to make it. Not sure about OH, think he is globe trotting somewhere.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique View Post
I am back from the UK on 11th, so I should be able to make it. Not sure about OH, think he is globe trotting somewhere.
That would be great!, I hear you have "connections" ;-) lol
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we can make it too
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa View Post
Hey Sue, looks like they need to know who the special guests are..

It's Meee and Ailsa :-)

Ailsa is over doing some training with her work and I've managed to grab a cheap (relatively speaking) Air Canada flight

Would be great to meet up and hear about your life in Canada so far

I promise I won't wear the kilt
I think we might get even more responses if you promise you will, lol

Glad to see both Miss Clinique and The Lee's are going to be able to come.

All are welcome.

Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Lees View Post
I think we can make it too
Brilliant!

Dog owners? We have many questions
Old Nov 30th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

I should be able to come along too;am also a dog owner (or owned?)...!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I think I can too - also a dog owner
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HGerchikov View Post
Old Dec 1st 2012, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HGerchikov View Post
Great. I'd better write my list of dog related questions. Booties etc, lol.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 1:20 am
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I can come too! Not sure about other half and can't ask him since he's stuck in snowy traffic and has been since 4.30.....Mississauga to Burlington's normally 50 mins....tonight nearly four hours! I thought Canada coped with such events! It feels like the UK all over again

By the way, I don't own a dog but I do love them, does that count?
Old Dec 1st 2012, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dotty P View Post
I can come too! Not sure about other half and can't ask him since he's stuck in snowy traffic and has been since 4.30.....Mississauga to Burlington's normally 50 mins....tonight nearly four hours! I thought Canada coped with such events! It feels like the UK all over again

By the way, I don't own a dog but I do love them, does that count?
Of course it counts.

Yes, I've been getting some bad reports today about people caught in jams. I think the snow has come earlier than normal for the region and has caught the roads department out.

Really makes me want to find a home as close to Ailsa's work as possible. I'd hate to see her stuck in traffic for hours every day. And no, it's not because I would die of hunger, lol. I do all the cooking in our house ;-)
Old Dec 1st 2012, 2:37 am
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

You sound like a true gem!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa View Post
Of course it counts.

Yes, I've been getting some bad reports today about people caught in jams. I think the snow has come earlier than normal for the region and has caught the roads department out.

Really makes me want to find a home as close to Ailsa's work as possible. I'd hate to see her stuck in traffic for hours every day. And no, it's not because I would die of hunger, lol. I do all the cooking in our house ;-)
Tonight is not normal - I am missing the Toronto meet up because of it and I generally drive all over in all weathers. Three of my Canadian friends have all said it is the worst they have ever seen it. There is not that much snow it is just that for some reason it is particularly slippy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.