Reload this Page >

PR Application and Baby Born in Canada

PR Application and Baby Born in Canada

Old Mar 19th 2002, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Tastee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application and Baby Born in Canada

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed reading the postings in this newsgroup and they've been helpful in my PR Application. However I do have a couple of questions I would want help with.

I am currently in Canada on a student authorization and my pregnant wife is also here and has an EA. My questions are;

I sent my application to Buffalo last month and as my wife is due in a few months time, do we need to include a baby born in Canada (who would automatically qualify as a Canadian citizen) in our PR application and send the Buffalo office notification when the baby is born? My understanding is that since the baby would not benefit from our PR status/application in any way, there really would be no need for this. My wife thinks otherwise and says that we do have to include the baby as a dependent in our PR application.

Also, my wife took an immigration medical as part of the requirements before her EA previous EA was extended past six months for an additional 18 months, would she still be required to undergo another immigration medical for the PR process? Also would the new baby be required to undergo medicals as well?

We've been given conflicting answers to these question and would appreciate any contribution from the experts in this forum. Mr. Miller et al?

Thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2002, 6:35 pm
Webimmigration.

Default Re: PR Application and Baby Born in Canada

Hi:

When your baby is born, you will have to advise CIC of the addition to your family,
along with a copy of your baby's birth certificate. You must include your baby as a
dependent despite the fact that the baby will be born in Canada.

Your wife will have to obtain another medical examination for the purposes of her
application for Canadian permanent residency.

The new baby will not have to obtain a medical examination.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"Tastee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have enjoyed reading the postings in this newsgroup and they've been helpful in
    > my PR Application. However I do have a couple of questions I would want help with.
    >
    > I am currently in Canada on a student authorization and my pregnant wife is also
    > here and has an EA. My questions are;
    >
    > I sent my application to Buffalo last month and as my wife is due in a few months
    > time, do we need to include a baby born in Canada (who would automatically qualify
    > as a Canadian citizen) in our PR application and send the Buffalo office
    > notification when the baby is born? My understanding is that since the baby would
    > not benefit from our PR status/application in any way, there really would be no
    > need for this. My wife thinks otherwise and says that we do have to include the
    > baby as a dependent in our PR application.
    >
    > Also, my wife took an immigration medical as part of the requirements before her EA
    > previous EA was extended past six months for an additional 18 months, would she
    > still be required to undergo another immigration medical for the PR process? Also
    > would the new baby be required to undergo medicals as well?
    >
    > We've been given conflicting answers to these question and would appreciate any
    > contribution from the experts in this forum. Mr. Miller et al?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 20th 2002, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

David Cohen, in your reply to Bryan Rogers’ posting on baby born during immigration process you said;

“Yes, you must amend your case with this information, but may not need to include the child as an accompanying dependent, or pay the associated fees. Additional
information on this topic may be found at Campbell, Cohen's web site at the
following URL:http://canadavisa.com/documents/amend.htm

However info on your site states that
“The Visa Office must be advised of any change in family status prior to landing in Canada. The applicable government fees are only payable if an additional family member is to be included as an accompanying dependent, in which case there will an increase in required settlement funds.�

In the light of the above and the response I got from Ingrid Chen of WebImmigration to my earlier and similar posting “PR Application and Baby Born In Canada in which she said ".... You must include your baby as a dependent despite the fact that the baby will be born in Canada.",which are contradictory. My question then is;

Do I or do I not include my baby when born as an accompanying dependent and/or pay the associated fees when I amend my case and advice Buffalo of the change in family status? Also will this necessitate an increase in required settlement funds?

Many Thanks in anticipation of your clarification(s).
Old Mar 20th 2002, 11:05 pm
Andrew Miller

David gave you correct answer - you must notify visa post about change in the family
status (new child) but you don't need to include your child in your immigration
application as a dependant applicant if child is already a Canadian citizen. Your
child, if born in Canada and you are not in Canada accredited as diplomats is already
a Canadian citizen.

So again:

- notification ** yes **

- additional fee ** no **

- adding child to application as dependent applicant ** no **

I hope this clarifies your confusion caused by...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Tastee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > David Cohen, in your reply to Bryan Rogers’ posting on baby born during immigration
    > process you said;
    >
    > “Yes, you must amend your case with this information, but may not need to include
    > the child as an accompanying dependent, or pay the associated fees. Additional
    > information on this topic may be found at Campbell, Cohen's web site at the
    > following URL:http://canadavisa.com/documents/amend.htm
    >
    > However info on your site states that “The Visa Office must be advised of any
    > change in family status prior to landing in Canada. The applicable government fees
    > are only payable if an additional family member is to be included as an
    > accompanying dependent, in which case there will an increase in required
    > settlement funds.â€?
    >
    > In the light of the above and the response I got from Ingrid Chen of WebImmigration
    > to my earlier and similar posting “PR Application and Baby Born In Canada in which
    > she said ".... You must include your baby as a dependent despite the fact that the
    > baby will be born in Canada.",which are contradictory. My question then is;
    >
    > Do I or do I not include my baby when born as an accompanying dependent and/or pay
    > the associated fees when I amend my case and advice Buffalo of the change in family
    > status? Also will this necessitate an increase in required settlement funds?
    >
    > Many Thanks in anticipation of your clarification(s).
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 21st 2002, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Mr. Miller, this clafrifies everything and supports Mr. Cohen's reply.

Merci beaucoup