Wikiposts

Power voltage

Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Power voltage

Hi guys. Quick question...

Will a standard set of hair straighteners work from the UK in Canada?
I know power etc is different so will read off the power descriptions off them.

40w, 220-240v ~ 50-60hz.... I was looking at buying a converter type thing..
that says it does 45w.. but wasnt sure? These heat up pretty quick within seconds so again un sure if will work or blow?
They do have a heat temperature control on the sid eof them if that makes a differeence

Any help would be great!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future
Default Re: Power voltage

My wife brought her GHD'S i think they are from england. She says they dont get as hot/work as well if i can remember. She brought a new set here.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
My wife brought her GHD'S i think they are from england. She says they dont get as hot/work as well if i can remember. She brought a new set here.
These are Toni and Guy ones so not as expensive as the GHD's... so not sure
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:18 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

A convertor's only going to be of use if your straighteners run on PAL, otherwise it's likely to cause a house fire and invalidate your insurance. Many ex-pats rig up either a hamster driven treadmill to prevent voltage surge, or resign themselves to sitting in a bathtub with an electric fire in order to style their hair.

Or something.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:20 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Geothermal hair straighteners, powered by still-warm baby-seal blood. That's what you need.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

SimonB1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha, or just buy one here..........
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:28 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:29 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

And I was just about to say, "hang on, have you read this one?!"

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

my dil got a pair while in UK at xmas, and it had dual converter built in...she merely put a uk-cdn end on it to plug it in.....works great
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by R I C H
A convertor's only going to be of use if your straighteners run on PAL, otherwise it's likely to cause a house fire and invalidate your insurance. Many ex-pats rig up either a hamster driven treadmill to prevent voltage surge, or resign themselves to sitting in a bathtub with an electric fire in order to style their hair.

Or something.

Haha

I see how you carefully missed the letters T and V out of that one....
Old May 6th 2010, 11:38 pm
Nova Scotia

MrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant futureMrBeaver has a brilliant future

whats a hair straightener... $14 ???

what do the Chinese make them out of gold for the euro market you guys don't want to part with them?
Old May 7th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

You obviously haven't bought a good pair of hair straighteners lately have you?
try 70 quid or better....I personally don't use or buy them either, but the younger crowd can't leave home without having it or using it..