British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Potentially moving to Halifax, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/potentially-moving-halifax-ns-846311/)

Juggernaut1064 Jan 31st 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 11550959)
Noooooooooo!!
You can't ban him - please. He's my new reason to get up in the morning. I live for 4.00pm Pacific, when the pubs close in the UK and the fun begins. If you ban him I'll be forced to interact with my family - and I don't think you'd want that on your conscience.

Does your dog growl at you when you try ? lol

Novocastrian Jan 31st 2015 9:42 pm

He's gone? <and breathes> ;)

I think the real victim here is rivingtonpike, alias the ice-cream-man.

Now the world can only speculate as to the culinary delights which might have resulted had the ice-cream-man been able to consummate his perverse infatuation with the egg-man.

Shame.

Juggernaut1064 Jan 31st 2015 10:11 pm

Mmmm ice cream eggs !

rivingtonpike Jan 31st 2015 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11551630)
He's gone? <and breathes> ;)

I think the real victim here is rivingtonpike, alias the ice-cream-man.

Now the world can only speculate as to the culinary delights which might have resulted had the ice-cream-man been able to consummate his perverse infatuation with the egg-man.

Shame.

I shall live with my pain.....

haggis88 Mar 7th 2015 3:11 pm

Just spent a week in Dartmouth for work.

Quite annoying that the liqour stores all close at 10pm (even on a Friday/Saturday) actually...i got back from work at 9.40 last night, and thought "i fancy a beer to sit and chill in the hotel room and watch TV" - the closest liqour store was 20-ish minutes away...

Suppose if I'd been prepared and knew that they closed at that time, I could have gone on the way back from work, but i was expecting the 2am Alberta hours :(

The Gas station was out of Eggs and Milk too, owner must be rich if he can't keep those extortionate items in stock! :rofl:

wats123 Mar 23rd 2015 6:22 pm

That sucks, you should have gone to one of the independant liquor stores to get a beer!

Simon Legree Mar 23rd 2015 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by wats123 (Post 11600394)
That sucks, you should have gone to one of the independant liquor stores to get a beer!

What "independent liquor stores" would that be, apart from the local bootlegger ? ;)

wats123 Mar 23rd 2015 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Legree (Post 11600407)
What "independent liquor stores" would that be, apart from the local bootlegger ? ;)

:o you got me! I was thinking of Bishops Landing, Propellor, Rockhead etc, Im pretty sure some of these open past 10?