Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:23 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by graham the eggman
Correct, you don't like my view of certain old fashion ways of Canada that have to change and for that I'm very sorry.
Our son is young enough to change and it has created big disagreements !!!

That's the way it goes, a great country but things need/have to change.

Moving to Halifax. I can help regardless of my opinions and I love Halifax
Graham
Graham, I too am tempted to step away from this...but...

Grow up for heavens sake, stop taking everything so literally...yes, big deal the Irvings' leave a lot to be desired so does milk marketing and the liquor laws are a bit draconian.....as they say in Canada 'it is what it is'...irritating, but move on!

If you are blaming your son for not attempting to change this and constantly banging on about it?...no wonder you are sonless in grey Britain. You son is attempting to build a life, give him a break.

The people who post on here, are on the whole a decent bunch with the usual fears and tears of wanna bees and done it expatriates...thank Christ we didn't have the Internet a couple of hundred years ago...we'd never have gone forth and colonized anyone....we'd still be looking for the best microbrewery

Now stop it and play nice...please
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Halifax. I can help regardless of my opinions
But you do rather make it sound as if your opinion counts more than others expressed.

Like when you begin a response with "rubbish!"
Old Nov 12th 2014, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and why, I had one glass of beer in Brewdebakers, Lacewood, Halifax and was refused service by the NSLC store next door because I smelt of alcohol. Staff in our bar and Canadian friends were shocked. I complained to the NSLC-HQ-Bayers Lake and was taken for lunch and a very sincere apology given but this situation would NEVER happen in the UK, you have to be very visible drunk to be refused service. I'm 66 years old and know I can handle my beer and was not driving-no car !!
Correct and is in-forced in the UK BUT NOT after one beer !!!!!!!!!
As we say in England "Bollocks" but as most Canadians can only spell in American you will not understand.
Which bit of my post asking you to stay away from this thread did you not understand?

Last chance, DO NOT post in this thread again please, it's beginning to look at though you're just trolling.

Once again (and for the last time), let's get this thread back on track for the OP.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:49 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
I'm crying.

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
I am the egg man, they are the egg men.
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.
With apologies to the Beatles

Makes about as much sense as some of Graham's posts in this thread.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 9:41 pm
Banned

graham the eggman is an unknown quantity at this point

This why you pay so much for milk etc.

Tiny New Zealand has thrived on rising dairy exports and wants new markets.

It’s probably the one file where long-time allies will find themselves at odds in the months ahead, as U.S. President Barack Obama tries to cobble together a deal to liberalize trade among the dozen countries with a combined population of 792 million.

New Zealand and Canada have a lot in common as former British colonies with Westminster-style political systems, big farming interests and significant immigration populations. They are both members of the “Five Eyes” intelligence-sharing alliance of English-speaking countries.

And then there’s milk.

“We’re the world’s biggest dairy exporter, and "Canada is probably the most protectionist dairy country in the world",” Simon Tucker, New Zealand’s high commissioner, said.

“It really is quite an obvious anomaly in the relationship.”

New Zealand has long hoped Canada would change its ways, even insisting in 2011 Ottawa could not join the Trans-Pacific Partnership talks unless it put its “supply management” protections on the table.

Good Bye/Good Luck and lets hope one day you will understand what "Free Enterprise and Competition means in the modern world !!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 9:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Good Bye/Good Luck and lets hope one day you will understand what "Free Enterprise and Competition means in the modern world !!
Many thanks for your patronising comments.

Old Nov 12th 2014, 10:38 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think graham the eggnog can read moderators comments for some unknown reason - it's bizarre
But by god can he bang on about milk
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:16 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I don't think graham the eggnog can read moderators comments for some unknown reason - it's bizarre
Milk is good for you. Therefore, Graham is good for you. Good for Graham.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:30 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:50 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Rivington....you have been playing merry icons...haven't you? But there is another poster with something very similar isn't there other posters?

I've forgotten the milk sop already...history
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Although I have absolutely no idea what Graham eggy bread is on about, I think he's bang on.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:24 am
BE user by choice

Originally Posted by Oink
Although I have absolutely no idea what Graham eggy bread is on about, I think he's bang on.
He's certainly bloody bang!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:30 am
Banned

graham the eggman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howefamily
One day you will all realise how both the Federal and Provincial Governments take you for a big ride. Canada's Supply Management in farming has been criticized by all in the western world. It now only supports the "Big Boys" as the small have gone so why does Harper insist on retaining it and done at your-the consumer expense ??? What dairy produce does Canada export?? New Zealand's major export

Why do all provincial governments control alcohol sales and gambling ?? Again unheard of in Western Europe, governments set the tax rates free enterprise does the rest.

Canada, you really have a lot to learn Lets not mention the "bung" given to Irvings to build-if they do-ships in Halifax.
You don't like me because I ask you to face the facts you ignore.
Graham
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:38 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

One day you will all realise how both the Federal and Provincial Governments take you for a big ride. Canada's Supply Management in farming has been criticized by all in the western world. It now only supports the "Big Boys" as the small have gone so why does Harper insist on retaining it and done at your-the consumer expense ??? What dairy produce does Canada export?? New Zealand's major export

Why do all provincial governments control alcohol sales and gambling ?? Again unheard of in Western Europe, governments set the tax rates free enterprise does the rest.

Canada, you really have a lot to learn Lets not mention the "bung" given to Irvings to build-if they do-ships in Halifax.
You don't like me because I ask you to face the facts you ignore.
Graham
Ha! He's got you with that one! Wham! Bam! on the philosophical ropes! The Eggman delivers a hammer blow!

Awesome!!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:40 am
"In cruce vincam"

We're just chicken feed to Him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.