Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Old Jan 31st 2015, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Noooooooooo!!
You can't ban him - please. He's my new reason to get up in the morning. I live for 4.00pm Pacific, when the pubs close in the UK and the fun begins. If you ban him I'll be forced to interact with my family - and I don't think you'd want that on your conscience.
Does your dog growl at you when you try ? lol
Old Jan 31st 2015, 9:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

He's gone? <and breathes>

I think the real victim here is rivingtonpike, alias the ice-cream-man.

Now the world can only speculate as to the culinary delights which might have resulted had the ice-cream-man been able to consummate his perverse infatuation with the egg-man.

Shame.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm ice cream eggs !
Old Jan 31st 2015, 11:29 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
He's gone? <and breathes>

I think the real victim here is rivingtonpike, alias the ice-cream-man.

Now the world can only speculate as to the culinary delights which might have resulted had the ice-cream-man been able to consummate his perverse infatuation with the egg-man.

Shame.
I shall live with my pain.....
Old Mar 7th 2015, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Just spent a week in Dartmouth for work.

Quite annoying that the liqour stores all close at 10pm (even on a Friday/Saturday) actually...i got back from work at 9.40 last night, and thought "i fancy a beer to sit and chill in the hotel room and watch TV" - the closest liqour store was 20-ish minutes away...

Suppose if I'd been prepared and knew that they closed at that time, I could have gone on the way back from work, but i was expecting the 2am Alberta hours

The Gas station was out of Eggs and Milk too, owner must be rich if he can't keep those extortionate items in stock!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

That sucks, you should have gone to one of the independant liquor stores to get a beer!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:34 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
That sucks, you should have gone to one of the independant liquor stores to get a beer!
What "independent liquor stores" would that be, apart from the local bootlegger ?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
What "independent liquor stores" would that be, apart from the local bootlegger ?
you got me! I was thinking of Bishops Landing, Propellor, Rockhead etc, Im pretty sure some of these open past 10?