Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Old Jan 20th 2015, 5:38 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by haggis88
I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Old people trying to use the internet for the first time crack me up

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f6/f6b5...f9a4db9362.jpg

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...67/252/234.jpg
Old Jan 21st 2015, 1:46 am
Banned

graham the eggman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you this socially inept in real life?

Would you walk into a pub, start bellowing your opinions and insisting they're right, ignoring that others have the right to an opinion too and insulting people you don't know?

No? Well don't do it here then.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, and I will say this one more time in hopefully simple terms that you can understand - your opinion is fine, insulting others and belittling their opinions is NOT. It's not your opinions that anybody has a problem with (although really, how much of an obsession with milk prices can one man have?), it's the way you put them across and your very aggressive stance towards others on the forum.

Last chance. Permanent ban button is next.
Fine, I insult no one just advise how Canada is 50 years out of date and it it is Supposed to be free market Western Economy, not with Monopolies you have. Milk etc you pay 3 times the world price.I've tried to point out the "Hidden Costs" like fluctuations in exchange rates when moving money, flight cost to visit UK or what it will cost parents to visit.
Explain this for Canadian stupidity, why can i not buy tonic water to go with gin in a liquor store-barmy.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham the eggman
...no family or friend wants to see you UK You need to change your attitude as does Canada, 50 years behind the modern world,
I insult no one
Really? Telling someone nobody wants to see them, that they have to change their attitude and then you tell an entire bloody country it has to change. That's not insulting?

Explain this for Canadian stupidity
Oh look, there you go again.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:29 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Fine, I insult no one just advise how Canada is 50 years out of date and it it is Supposed to be free market Western Economy, not with Monopolies you have. Milk etc you pay 3 times the world price.I've tried to point out the "Hidden Costs" like fluctuations in exchange rates when moving money, flight cost to visit UK or what it will cost parents to visit.
Explain this for Canadian stupidity, why can i not buy tonic water to go with gin in a liquor store-barmy.
You really are extraordinary. If you're going to rant, at least use intelligible syntax, grammar and spelling.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 8:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Fine, I insult no one
Erm..............

Obvious as no family or friend wants to see you UK You need to change your attitude
You certainly have insulted other forum members, and that's not on.

You need to treat other forum members (and their opinions - which they're perfectly entitled to) with respect. You may have had an issue (seemingly a big one as you're so fixated with it) with the price of milk, but others really don't care and it doesn't affect their day to day lives in NS. So please, for the love of all that is dairy, stop rambling on about it and trying to force your views down their throats. Repeating the same thing again and again doesn't mean people will magically agree with you.

Nobody needs to 'change their attitude' just because they disagree with you, frankly you're just coming across as a cantankerous old man that is insistent he's right all the time. I'm sure you're not like that in real life, so please tone it down, drop the insults and leave this thread if you have nothing else to contribute.

Thank you.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...Milk etc you pay 3 times the world price...
I see there's a big controversy in the UK right now as milk prices are artificially (too) low.

Care to comment Graham? Perhaps not.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 1:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I see there's a big controversy in the UK right now as milk prices are artificially (too) low.

Care to comment Graham? Perhaps not.
But how much is milk in the Shetland's?
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Because that would be too easy. Sort of like going to buy a car then having to leave the dealership to go and get it registered and then returning to the dealership to show them the registration and valid sticker to put on your licence plate and then being allowed to drive it off the lot.
Must be the dealership you used, twice i drove off the lot with the car i bought and drove it to get it registered, although once i did return because i forgot to bring a screw driver and seeing as i drove passed the dealership to go home after registering it i got their apprentice to screw my plate on in -40 in Winterpeg lol
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
But how much is milk in the Shetland's?
Google it or try the channel islands ......lmao
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmm i think i may change my name on here to, Victor Meldrew !
Old Jan 21st 2015, 3:37 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Hmm i think i may change my name on here to, Victor Meldrew !
You're too late
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:17 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Erm..............

You certainly have insulted other forum members, and that's not on.

You need to treat other forum members (and their opinions - which they're perfectly entitled to) with respect. You may have had an issue (seemingly a big one as you're so fixated with it) with the price of milk, but others really don't care and it doesn't affect their day to day lives in NS. So please, for the love of all that is dairy, stop rambling on about it and trying to force your views down their throats. Repeating the same thing again and again doesn't mean people will magically agree with you.

Nobody needs to 'change their attitude' just because they disagree with you, frankly you're just coming across as a cantankerous old man that is insistent he's right all the time. I'm sure you're not like that in real life, so please tone it down, drop the insults and leave this thread if you have nothing else to contribute.

Thank you.
I suspect he posts between alcohol and milk binges... He seems fixated with the two topics...personally I wouldn't like to be perceived with someone with a fixation on alcohol which is the distinct impression I get.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:35 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I suspect he posts between alcohol and milk binges... He seems fixated with the two topics...personally I wouldn't like to be perceived with someone with a fixation on alcohol which is the distinct impression I get.
He only ever seems to post in the small hours. I hope he comes back. His "observations and comments" have been a real bonus for me when I'm stacking the dishwasher or preparing the kids' dinner. Unfortunately he's probably gone off with egg on his face..... (Oooooh).....(sorry)
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

if everything where perfectly identical to the UK would most of us have bothered to move here ??? me thinks not !
Personally i didn't move here to be in a little Britain situation lol

And it seems theres already a Victor meldrew lmao
Old Jan 21st 2015, 6:16 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
if everything where perfectly identical to the UK would most of us have bothered to move here ??? me thinks not !
Personally i didn't move here to be in a little Britain situation lol

And it seems theres already a Victor meldrew lmao
If I could have had as much land and as big a house in Richmond, SW London as I have here, would things be different? Bloody right! I'd have sold the lot to a housing developer and moved over here and bought an even bigger house with even more land. I wouldn't have to worry about the price of milk then either (like it preys on my mind now!??????).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.