Reload this Page >

Postal address?

Postal address?

Old Jul 30th 2021, 2:25 am
Just Joined

ThisisRobbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postal address?

Hey all,

I'm someone can help me with our current conundrum. We're landing at the end of August and temporarily staying in our family's cottage while we find a permanent new home.

The problem is we're unable to receive post at the cottage. We've looked into setting up a PO box at the local post office but Canada Post require you to do it in person and you need to have an ID card - which obviously won't work for us.

We can give our cottage address when landing, but we're worried our PR cards will get lost in the post.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postal address?

Originally Posted by ThisisRobbo
Hey all,

I'm someone can help me with our current conundrum. We're landing at the end of August and temporarily staying in our family's cottage while we find a permanent new home.

The problem is we're unable to receive post at the cottage. We've looked into setting up a PO box at the local post office but Canada Post require you to do it in person and you need to have an ID card - which obviously won't work for us.

We can give our cottage address when landing, but we're worried our PR cards will get lost in the post.

Does anyone have any ideas?
You have up to 180 days after landing to provide a residential address.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...num=054&top=10