British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Possible move to Regina (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/possible-move-regina-779703/)

Stich Dec 5th 2012 11:58 am

Possible move to Regina

Hi all, my OH has a job offer in Regina, he has lived & worked in Canada before so he knows the ropes so to speak, however that was in Alberta, so I'm looking for information on Regina relating to Schools, areas to live with young children, shopping (of course:rofl:), utility prices the list is massive as you all may know.

I do drive so I'm not restricted persya but OH would like to be near work, but it does come down to finances at the end of it.

Many thanks to anyone that can point me/us in the right drection.

Nikki

Novocastrian Dec 6th 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Possible move to Regina

Originally Posted by Stich (Post 10417128)
Hi all, my OH has a job offer in Regina, he has lived & worked in Canada before so he knows the ropes so to speak, however that was in Alberta, so I'm looking for information on Regina relating to Schools, areas to live with young children, shopping (of course:rofl:), utility prices the list is massive as you all may know.

I do drive so I'm not restricted persya but OH would like to be near work, but it does come down to finances at the end of it.

Many thanks to anyone that can point me/us in the right drection.

Nikki

Hi, a poster named caretaker lives in Regina while Lorna D is in Regina Beach, about half an hour away. There are probably others.

Also my son lives there but I doubt he knows anything about schools etc.:)

Stich Dec 6th 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look for them.

Lorna_D Dec 7th 2012 12:51 am

Hi Stich. Who does your OH have a job offer with. I hope I can be of some help to you. Ask away. Although I don't know about utility and taxes in the city, phones, cells and food prices are the same all over Sask. Booze is too expensive so learn to brew your own :)

And welcome :thumbup:

Nikkinoo75 Dec 9th 2012 12:38 am

Thought I'd say hi, my Husband has also just been offered a job in Regina and we have a young family also, so will be looking for the same information - only just started looking though, so can't help at the moment, I'm afraid.

How old our your kids? Ours are 13, 7 and 18 months. My Husband has been offered a job with Loblaw.

Let me know what you find out - would be good to chat.

Nikki :)

nwtrucker Dec 9th 2012 10:47 pm

We came over in august and live in a small town about 40 mins north of regina, we love it here and our 2 young boys have settled in great. Prices are pretty ,uch the same sask wide so it really is a case of looking at the sort of area that youd like to settle in. Good luck!

Lorna_D Dec 9th 2012 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by nwtrucker (Post 10424964)
We came over in august and live in a small town about 40 mins north of regina, we love it here and our 2 young boys have settled in great. Prices are pretty ,uch the same sask wide so it really is a case of looking at the sort of area that youd like to settle in. Good luck!

Hello, whereabouts are you?