Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Positive house selling stories needed!

Positive house selling stories needed!

Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:04 pm
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice
Default Re: Positive house selling stories needed!

Hi Rubie,
we have been on for 2 weeks and had one offer 15k below asking price but the one over from us sold first week for asking price so they are still buying
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Now don't laugh....Larne At least to start with as my parents are there.

Not sure where we'll buy a house but I figure once I learn to drive I'll have a few more options.
Whats wrong with Larne...I always thought it was a nice place. At least if your moving in with your family you don't have to rush into buying something quick or paying a fortune renting a property
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:06 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j42
Hi Rubie,
we have been on for 2 weeks and had one offer 15k below asking price but the one over from us sold first week for asking price so they are still buying
Thats great news...I'd hold off for the asking price if thats the case. If you've a offer after 2 weeks then who knows
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Whats wrong with Larne...I always thought it was a nice place. At least if your moving in with your family you don't have to rush into buying something quick or paying a fortune renting a property
Actually Larne's not that bad. At the end of the day it's the people that are important and like you said the fact we have somewhere to go until we find a place to buy
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice

Hi,

We seem to be in the same boat here in some parts of Canada. We are just south of Calgary, Alberta, and the houses here have been on the market for ages. Most of them, including ours, have had several price drops and still no offers....!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Got some good news Ruby!!! We had a viewing!! Everything crossed
Old Apr 27th 2008, 12:34 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patsy
I believe it works but try tidy house, hide your washing/drying, lamps and aroma of freshly ground coffee of half baked bread popped into the oven 10 mins before they arrive - works honest - its just getting them in tho
Hi we sold our house in June 06 before the house market really slowed down. But the house across the street from us had been on the market for a year before ours and it was still up for sale when we left. So the market wasn't in such a good condition round our ways, and prices had been static for about a year with increasing for sale board appearing.

We treated selling it like a mission, I borrowed a book from the library on how to sell your house and deal with agents and followed the advice as best I could. We literally cleared out all the Junk and trinkets, bought new (yet cheap) accessories like vases etc and some pot pori for that aroma. The whole place was painted cream with some soft furnishings and few pictures. Every time we had a viewing (or thought we had a viewing as most times they didn't turn up) we cleaned thoroughly. I ironed bedding, which is something I never do, but just to give it that clean finish. When our ad went into the paper I didn't like it so rewrote it myself and the agent published my version the following week.

We also put it on the market at a low price. We got 3 agents round to value it, and went with the agent that quoted the lowest figure and they weren't even the ones with the lowest % fee, we just felt they were more professional and realistic. We sold for £5k less than it was on the market for. It was a lot of hard work but we were aiming for a quick sale. We never had to swap agents because it sold reasonably quickly, but did have in our minds a timescale for how long we were going to give them before switching.

Remember when you are trying to move it's not your home anymore its a liability you need to get rid of.

Good luck to everyone trying to sell theirs.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

No amazing selling story, but my gaff's been on the market for about 5 weeks, and I've had 5 viewings. Problem remains the area, but frankly the price reflects that, and it's what agents are meant to do, match expectations - EH!!!

Anyway, having another agent over tomorrow, as I've decided that I want a fresh marketing approach.

Plan b is to rent (and remortgage) although this isn't ideal.

Fingers crossed, that things will get better for us all!

Bx
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Have you all put your houses on the classifieds section of this forum? There are plenty of people moving back too .... you might have just what they are looking for
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Glad we managed to sell our 2 bedroom terraced in Farnborough when we did then if the market's got that bad. Especially as we sold it for full asking (which was more than we were going to put it up for) about 2 days after it went on the market.

However, that was last August and I know for sure that house prices have dropped since then.

Anyway, keep your chin up and hopefully it'll all work out very soon for everyone selling.

Zoe M. x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:21 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j42
Hi Rubie,
Hi J42,

that brilliant news!! Good going in this market - are you gonna hold out for asking price??
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

i didnt realise the market was so bad else where,
the houses here are still going up i sold in aug and got 60k over the asking price and my old neighbour just sold and got 50k more than me and we had the bigger house
most houses are selling within a week.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:51 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mart2612
i didnt realise the market was so bad else where,
the houses here are still going up i sold in aug and got 60k over the asking price and my old neighbour just sold and got 50k more than me and we had the bigger house
most houses are selling within a week.
That sounds about right - from all reports I've heard, the scottish market is doing really well compared to the rest of the UK. Houses where I live were still selling in August pretty quickly but things have slowed right down in the last few weeks - since the news has been reporting daily on the 'mortgage crisis'.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:57 pm
frothing loon mk 2

hamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rubie
Hello All

with all the doom and gloom in the UK housing market of late I am feeling increasingly depressed about the likelihood of selling my house. It's difficult to get a genuine answer from the estate agents about the state of the market at the moment and listening to the news is as depressing as it can get.

There must be positive stories of people finding buyers - if you are one of these people, please give all us house sellers out there a positivity injection to cheer us up.

Eternal thanks in advance.
try selling on my www.mypropertyforsale.com it worked for me
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:59 pm
j42
Forum Regular

j42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nicej42 is just really nice

Hi Rubie,
no but would like to meet half way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.