Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Positive house selling stories needed!

Positive house selling stories needed!

Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:08 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive house selling stories needed!

To add to the bad news - been on the market 2 weeks so far, not a single viewing

Need to be in Canada by end of September, so if we don't get some action soon, may have to think about drastic action
Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:18 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
To add to the bad news - been on the market 2 weeks so far, not a single viewing

Need to be in Canada by end of September, so if we don't get some action soon, may have to think about drastic action
The housing market at the minute is terrible for everyoneTry and be positive, you still have time to get it all sorted by September If all else fails could you rent it out and head off to Canada??
Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:44 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
The housing market at the minute is terrible for everyoneTry and be positive, you still have time to get it all sorted by September If all else fails could you rent it out and head off to Canada??
Trying to stay positive and it is early days..... Renting out is plan b - problem is, mortgage has gone up so much that the rent wouldn't cover it, so we'd have to put in the difference ourselves
Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:50 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Trying to stay positive and it is early days..... Renting out is plan b - problem is, mortgage has gone up so much that the rent wouldn't cover it, so we'd have to put in the difference ourselves
I know the feeling..we're waiting on our PPR but have put the house on the market anyway..just incase we get a positive reply from CIC the problem with us is there is no plan B..really want to be done with his place and start afresh in Ontario..and we also want to be able to buy a house when we get there(fingers crossed), so we'll have to sell no matter how long it takes
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I know the feeling..we're waiting on our PPR but have put the house on the market anyway..just incase we get a positive reply from CIC the problem with us is there is no plan B..really want to be done with his place and start afresh in Ontario..and we also want to be able to buy a house when we get there(fingers crossed), so we'll have to sell no matter how long it takes
We should just do a swap, how do you fancy a 2 bedroom bungalow in Toronto
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:14 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
We should just do a swap, how do you fancy a 2 bedroom bungalow in Toronto
If it was three bedroom i'd take you up on your offer
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

If it was three bedroom i'd take you up on your offer
Damn I was hoping to get a quick sale
I really need 3 bedrooms too having a baby girl and a five year old boy sharing a room just isn't working.

I guess if house prices are dropping it's good news for me sucks for everyone else trying to leave. Where abouts in NI are you?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Damn I was hoping to get a quick sale
I really need 3 bedrooms too having a baby girl and a five year old boy sharing a room just isn't working.

I guess if house prices are dropping it's good news for me sucks for everyone else trying to leave. Where abouts in NI are you?
Just outside Antrim..about 10 mins from the airport..really handy, four bedroom house so you can have loads more kids if you want!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just outside Antrim..about 10 mins from the airport..really handy, four bedroom house so you can have loads more kids if you want!!!
Sold will you take Canadian dollars? Damn I forgot I can't drive
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:29 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Sold will you take Canadian dollars? Damn I forgot I can't drive
If you take it i'll pay for your lessons
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you take it i'll pay for your lessons
Sounds like a deal. I plan to learn before I turn 40 that gives me just under 7 years.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:37 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Sounds like a deal. I plan to learn before I turn 40 that gives me just under 7 years.
Why wait til then..no time like the present
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why wait til then..no time like the present
I'm going to start learning as soon as I get back to NI there are enough idiots driving around Toronto without me adding to the chaos. (OH can't drive either and has no interest in learning.)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:52 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

I'm going to start learning as soon as I get back to NI there are enough idiots driving around Toronto without me adding to the chaos. (OH can't drive either and has no interest in learning.)
Public transport here is good..where are you moving too?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Public transport here is good..where are you moving too?
Now don't laugh....Larne At least to start with as my parents are there.

Not sure where we'll buy a house but I figure once I learn to drive I'll have a few more options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.