Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Positive house selling stories needed!

Positive house selling stories needed!

Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:22 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default Positive house selling stories needed!

Hello All

with all the doom and gloom in the UK housing market of late I am feeling increasingly depressed about the likelihood of selling my house. It's difficult to get a genuine answer from the estate agents about the state of the market at the moment and listening to the news is as depressing as it can get.

There must be positive stories of people finding buyers - if you are one of these people, please give all us house sellers out there a positivity injection to cheer us up.

Eternal thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:29 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive house selling stories needed!

Originally Posted by Rubie
Hello All

with all the doom and gloom in the UK housing market of late I am feeling increasingly depressed about the likelihood of selling my house. It's difficult to get a genuine answer from the estate agents about the state of the market at the moment and listening to the news is as depressing as it can get.

There must be positive stories of people finding buyers - if you are one of these people, please give all us house sellers out there a positivity injection to cheer us up.

Hi Rubie, sorry to add to the Doom and Gloom but our house has been on the market for 5 weeks now and not even a viewing...somethings gotta change and soon
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:47 am

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Hi Rubie, sorry to add to the Doom and Gloom but our house has been on the market for 5 weeks now and not even a viewing...somethings gotta change and soon
Sorry to hear that - I suppose at least I have had a couple of viewings. Here's hoping that a viewing is around the corner for you

There must be some people who have sold out there.

What has your agent said to you?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:47 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

same here guys - ours has been on 4 weeks - had 2 viewings but i could have told em atthe door they werent appropriate - think the estate agent just grabbed anyone off the street to have a look so it makes it look like they are doing something. Since then nothing

i really hope things start to look up
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Tanah
same here guys - ours has been on 4 weeks - had 2 viewings but i could have told em atthe door they werent appropriate - think the estate agent just grabbed anyone off the street to have a look so it makes it look like they are doing something. Since then nothing

i really hope things start to look up
That happened to me - they let someone look at the house who had been looking for 4 years -yes 4 years!!! Not only that, they let them look twice

Has anybody considered feng shui?? This is not a joke, I'm desperate.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:56 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that - I suppose at least I have had a couple of viewings. Here's hoping that a viewing is around the corner for you

There must be some people who have sold out there.

What has your agent said to you?
Agent has just said the market is dead..his words not mine.. but we've got to be positive people people always need somewhere to live RIGHT!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

We have been on the market since October 14th 2007...1 viewing, house now almost £15000 under original asking price and still nothing...Estate Agents tell us there just aren't the buyers now for our 'niche' in the market. People can't get mortgages etc. There seems to be so many houses for sale around us too. Local Solicitors has just made people redundant because it's work load is so poor as they mainly dealt with house sales.....So we are heading off to Canada and paying our mortgage and our rent in Red Deer too.

Sorry I couldn't give you some happier, brighter news

Good luck with your house sale! Some people are selling so fingers crossed

Julie

We have been talking to another member of BE about Feng Shui, she sold her house using the art
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:01 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

re Feng Shui

Yeah I read a post on here a while back ( as mentioned by someone else) where someone suggested feng Shui ideas to help sell

Its just so depressing - there are loads for sale round us but i keep seeing sold signs going up too so things are still moving - just slowly.

Im not overly happy with our estate agent though - alot of people look for properties in the local paper -my add went in for one day ( black and white) i didnt see it but a friend said it was 'crap'

so now looking into swapping agent
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:03 am

We have been talking to another member of BE about Feng Shui, she sold her house using the art [/QUOTE]

I've looked on the internet but it seems like you've got to research loads to get it just right.

Tanah - thanks for the tip I think I'll do a search on that later. Good luck with yours!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

If it helps, I just bought a house. I decided to ignore all the bad news and just get on with it. However talking to the agents after, they say that it is as bad as they have known since the early 90's and the mortgage crunch isn't helping as it has taken a whole swathe of people who have little deposit out of the market. That then affects people further up chains....for me it was important that the house I was buying wasn't in a chain and I do think that is a positive thing in favour of buying a house from someone emigrating.

Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by G586
If it helps, I just bought a house. I decided to ignore all the bad news and just get on with it. However talking to the agents after, they say that it is as bad as they have known since the early 90's and the mortgage crunch isn't helping as it has taken a whole swathe of people who have little deposit out of the market. That then affects people further up chains....for me it was important that the house I was buying wasn't in a chain and I do think that is a positive thing in favour of buying a house from someone emigrating.

Good luck!
Thanks for the good news!! There are buyers out there!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

That happened to me - they let someone look at the house who had been looking for 4 years -yes 4 years!!! Not only that, they let them look twice

Has anybody considered feng shui?? This is not a joke, I'm desperate.
I believe it works but try tidy house, hide your washing/drying, lamps and aroma of freshly ground coffee of half baked bread popped into the oven 10 mins before they arrive - works honest - its just getting them in tho
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:56 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

We have just sold our house to an investment builder for less than its worth today, but more than it will be worth in 6 months..house prices around us have begun to drop rapidly and no-one is buying... Have people thought about offering a deposit rather than dropping the price, so offer 5% deposit in return for the asking price.

Apparently the government run a scheme where they will pay 17% deposits for people on low incomes, obviously they are expected to pay it back however not until it they decide to sell the property again...If you know people who would like to buy, but find it is out of there range these are a couple of ideas to help you out.

Good luck to everyone trying to sell.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

We sold our house to the first person, first day and with no chain.
Complete on Monday 28th April!

Good Luck to you all!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:49 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Tracie107
We sold our house to the first person, first day and with no chain.
Complete on Monday 28th April!

Good Luck to you all!
Thats Fantastic news Tracie.....im soo pleased for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.