Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pondering a move to the Great White North

Pondering a move to the Great White North

Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:59 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pondering a move to the Great White North

Originally Posted by Canada Exposed
You don't even know how right you are! I can't believe how badly informed I was about "NEEDING A SUV"

I should have read the article below first...
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...c-b48eb22a2983
People on this site have been extremely restrained in view of your seemingly destructive comments. One can only wonder why you bother coming on here, or is it you are a Canadian wanabee that just did not have the bottle to do it?

Keep on working in your high flying job, I feel sure you are much better off where you are (Canada is anyway).
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:26 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

I just got through reading all his posts, evidently he's someone who came on here with the specific intent of sh*t-disturbing. (If not, then I am really glad he doesn't like Canada much, I wouldn't want him as a neighbour). Isn't that what a troll does?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
I just got through reading all his posts, evidently he's someone who came on here with the specific intent of sh*t-disturbing. (If not, then I am really glad he doesn't like Canada much, I wouldn't want him as a neighbour). Isn't that what a troll does?
You're right there!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:54 pm
Banned

Canada Exposed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
People on this site have been extremely restrained in view of your seemingly destructive comments. One can only wonder why you bother coming on here, or is it you are a Canadian wanabee that just did not have the bottle to do it?

Keep on working in your high flying job, I feel sure you are much better off where you are (Canada is anyway).
errr? I did not write that article myself, I was only providing the link...

Having the bottle...
If you could read, then you would have seen that I HAVE WORKED for a year in OTTAWA, which for your record is the Capital of Canada.
and obviously it is easier to make a comparison since I have lived in 5 different contries over the last 15 years, and not been stuck in Woking or Weybridge as Surrey Expat.

and Startwin, dont speak too loud, being British abroad has never been a great ice breaker...

Finally arent you happy that I have a well paid job and that I pay the my tax that becomes benefits that you later can claim...

Lucky soul that gets you lots as neighbours, moaning about the weather and property prices they will luve u

Last edited by Canada Exposed; Jul 1st 2008 at 4:01 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:40 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I miss ADRIANTO.

At least he was good at it.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:02 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

errr? I did not write that article myself, I was only providing the link...

Having the bottle...
If you could read, then you would have seen that I HAVE WORKED for a year in OTTAWA, which for your record is the Capital of Canada.
and obviously it is easier to make a comparison since I have lived in 5 different contries over the last 15 years, and not been stuck in Woking or Weybridge as Surrey Expat.

and Startwin, dont speak too loud, being British abroad has never been a great ice breaker...

Finally arent you happy that I have a well paid job and that I pay the my tax that becomes benefits that you later can claim...

Lucky soul that gets you lots as neighbours, moaning about the weather and property prices they will luve u
Reading was a challenge you are right, dyslexia is can present its problems, but these can be overcome. Thanks for pointing it out.

You seem to be a very sad and bitter person, with nothing better to do than be disruptive and unhelpful.

I was going to put you on my ignore list, but I find your comments so ludicrous as to be entertaining.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't even know how right you are! I can't believe how badly informed I was about "NEEDING A SUV"

I should have read the article below first...
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...c-b48eb22a2983
The problem with quoting the Canadian versions of the Sun is that it makes your audience wonder why you picked it up. There are no tits in the Canadian versions of the Sun. No journalism either but you know that from the title.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
The problem with quoting the Canadian versions of the Sun is that it makes your audience wonder why you picked it up. There are no tits in the Canadian versions of the Sun. No journalism either but you know that from the title.
Daily Mail?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...to-Canada.html
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:33 am
Banned

Check Judy's brilliantly honest posting about Calgary,
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=546055&page=2

27 years in Calgary, I would say she must know Calgary better than most.

I know that may upset some of you violent Pro-Canadians, but as we know, the truth hurst like a crosschecking in the rib cage as the Flames equlise in powerplay, and that is when the ref should have picked up on that two line pass
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:25 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by startwin
His choice of user name appears to be something of a statement of intent.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, bring on the Sunday Sport, National Enquirer and World Weekly News!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:34 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure yet, I have a standing offer to make an internal transfer and work in our head office in Ottawa, but to be honest, there is something that doesnt feel right.

I think only people who have made the right choice are the ones that are out there enjoying life and not posting on here, what do you think?

Once I found my ideal location I will surely stop posting here.

Honestly, if everything is great in Canada, how come you are online on this website??? Missing the old blighty? I am puzzled...

I wish one of you expats who is living the canadian dream of harmnoy could give me an honest opinion, and not get so defensive, it is almost as if you resent yourself for having taken the step across the pond...

"free of crime, and to live free of stress"
Is it really crime free?

If you only earn $70k a year, you probably not moving in those circles where they can afford a bigger car than an Honda Civic. No offence, but I dont know anybody that earns less than £60K per year, and stress is what you make it.

If you smile to people in they will smile back, no matter where you are.
Make cynical comments and you will get cynical comments back, just look at how innocent myfirst reply was before the White Rock mafia decided to open thier gob.
Have to put my two penneth (cents) in here. I find your comments to these guys quite insulting. They are not on BE all of their waking hours each day, but pop on now and then for a bit of banter and to see if they can help anyone.

I for one am grateful for all of their help and knowledge about moving and living in Canada because they have been there and done that, we are still in the very long process and have had lots of questions answered here that would have otherwise taken us an age to trawl through the net to find.

So thank you all those for your invaluable information, long may you continue coming on here with your pearls of wisdom. Rant over.

Karen
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:52 pm
Banned

Yeah go ahead, shoot the messenger.

Surely though, hearing from Judy, who has lived in Calgary for 27 years, must be able to tell things how they are in a more true way than a "Just-arrived-grass-greener-on-the-other-side-hopefully-Immigrant" or is Judy inaccurate as well?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Surely though, hearing from Judy, who has lived in Calgary for 27 years, must be able to tell things how they are in a more true way than a "Just-arrived-grass-greener-on-the-other-side-hopefully-Immigrant" or is Judy inaccurate as well?
Isn't the gist of Judy's post that Calgary served her family well enough for years but now she'd rather be in BC? I don't read it as a wholesale condemnation of Calgary.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:02 am
Banned

Not everyone on here has just arrived and few paint the picture as the grass is greener, but for some it is. Judy's posts are honest and forthright information, that helps many, but she does at least know what she is talking about. I guess you have finally conceded that you're statements are inaccurate.