Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Poll for section dedicated to each Province

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Do you agree with a dedicated line in the Canada forum for each Province?
Yes
80.25%
No
19.75%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Poll for section dedicated to each Province

Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll for section dedicated to each Province

yes .. of course a yes .. what I am asking myself is why this wasn't done ages ago .. it is so obvious ... thank the lord someone thought of it.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

shasa is an unknown quantity at this point

excellant idea, well done!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:04 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

You've got my vote Al
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about

i have got the same problem as Terese i am been told that i have already voted i have not!!!
count me in though
brillant idea
vee
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:25 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the support guys and girls

I see the 18 No's still haven't the guts to tell us why they disagree. Wimps
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:39 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Am I just being thick, but why would anyone vote no in this poll...whats not a good idea about the dedicated line for the Provinces.

Perhaps those who have voted no, will actually tell us why and then we can see if they are right and the rest of us crazzzy
Because not all of the experienced expats will want to search each Province to help answer questions.

Alot of the question topics are not province specific and when a question is answered that shows differences between the provinces I would think it is more helpful to those doing research. With your suggestion someone researching for info on health in Ontario and BC will have to ask in 2 forums. search 2 lots of previous post and therefore create additional work.

Why stop at province have it sub-divided in to town or trade.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Grah
Because not all of the experienced expats will want to search each Province to help answer questions.

Alot of the question topics are not province specific and when a question is answered that shows differences between the provinces I would think it is more helpful to those doing research. With your suggestion someone researching for info on health in Ontario and BC will have to ask in 2 forums. search 2 lots of previous post and therefore create additional work.

Why stop at province have it sub-divided in to town or trade.
This is not the purpose of the dedicated thread at all Grah.

It is a thread dedicated to who lives in each Province or who is moving there - not about the Province.

Its just meant a s aquick reference to sho newbies or olds like moi who lives where....instead of people having to ask things like:

Anyone on here going to Saskatchewan,

Who else lives in Nova scotia,

Does anyone live near London Ontario.

I think if you were able to one-click the Province you were interested in and see a list of members names there that you could contact - it would be very useful to all.

When I first joined, I thought I was the only one going to Saskatchewan(no jokes thanks) and it took a while for Lizwil98 and I to "bump"into each other.

But since then a lot of peeps have came out of the woodwork and there are a lot more living in SK than i thought.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:56 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479214

More evidence that what I am trying to do would work.

Imagine if Gigles could have one-clicked her way to a lot of other Brits in Montreal?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:53 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Well if everyone just added Where they are or are going to in the Biography
You'd be able to find them here.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search

So perhaps it would be a useful Tip in the Wiki to have town province (full name not code) in the Biography

something like
From Pompey area Living in Winnipeg Manitoba or
From Pompey area looking at going to Winnipeg Manitoba
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grah
Well if everyone just added Where they are or are going to in the Biography
You'd be able to find them here.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search

So perhaps it would be a useful Tip in the Wiki to have town province (full name not code) in the Biography

something like
From Pompey area Living in Winnipeg Manitoba or
From Pompey area looking at going to Winnipeg Manitoba
Grah - I have been on here since April and never once used that or thought of it - didnt even really ever see it before.

Why are you so against my idea, is it not a simplified option all round?

Don't you think it would be worth trying at least and if it doesnt work out the mods can scrap it?

IF you don't want to put your name on (maybe youdont want others to find you) - then dont.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

I voted yes Al... would also be useful for anyone sending out invites to a meet up in their province, no?

And it would have been a first stop for this poster and a way of finding Burton Bunch et al in Lethbridge directly.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479329

Last edited by newshoney; Sep 5th 2007 at 8:39 pm. Reason: adding the lethbridge post link
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:52 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479329

Neshony
Two great minds think alike.

i had just rread this post and thought, hah, another one for the Poll and had copied it and then read your post.

And the idea for the invitaion to meet ups is excellent, I hadn't thought of that

Way to go, we might get it started yet....power to the people
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve666
Newbies probably or drunk, and they don't care or don't know what they're voting for, ignore them
Ah - there speaks the voice of democracy

A. T. Hunn
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:38 am
Happy in Canada.

Originally Posted by Alvic
Grah - I have been on here since April and never once used that or thought of it - didn't even really ever see it before.
Well the option to fill in your profile is easy and logical place to put information about yourself.

Add the tip on how to best use the "right in your face" tools is easy.

Having 3 Sub - forums should be enough already.

Your suggestion is for me to filling my profile then go and fill in a dedicated where I live then go there and regular check for new people in my area.

Lots of duplication

What's wrong with using the Meet and Greet forum to say
Hi , We're going to X
After all the description says :-

"If you are new to the site and want to introduce yourself to others who have moved or are moving to Canada this is the place to do it."

Then there is of course the problem of when people leave do they take their time to remove their name from the new thread? So very soon the thread could become useless

Why are you so against my idea, is it not a simplified option all round?
Why are you so against anybody not agreeing with you?

You seem to have a G Bush complex " Your either with me or against Me"

I have been on here since April and never once used that or thought of it - didn't even really ever see it before.
So if you had you wouldn't be making this suggestion, i

IF you don't want to put your name on (maybe youdont want others to find you) - then dont.
Could be easier to hide if I don't come to the site, after all I'm already here and enjoying life. Why would I want to come here.

Last edited by Grah; Sep 6th 2007 at 2:54 am.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:58 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I actually agree with Grah on this one. I tend to come on here mostly for a quick browse, a bit of banter and perhaps occasionally to provide a sensible answer to somebody's question. I typically have a quick look in the meet & greet to see if anybody's asked anything about my neighbourhood, dive into the main Canada forum if there's anything I can make helpful (or not...) contributions to, then retire to the Maple Leaf to while away a lunch hour or coffee break. I would be much less likely to look through a whole new set of sub-forums.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.