Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Podiatrist/chiropodist quals in Nova Scotia

Podiatrist/chiropodist quals in Nova Scotia

Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice
Default Podiatrist/chiropodist quals in Nova Scotia

Hi all,
my brother is thinking of considering a move to NS (must be the holiday vids and positive publiciity from moi ).
He was wondering if he would have to reassess his quals. He is currently self employed podiaitrist and has been working for past two years in the uk.
I read somewhere that pods in NS are not regulated as in other provinces.

Just wondered if there were any other pods who are now in NS or have any useful info about getting pod/chiropodist jobs in NS.

As always, any info is gratefully received

Many thanks

Sean
Old Mar 25th 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Podiatrist/chiropodist quals in Nova Scotia

Found this...

http://www.cicic.ca/en/professions.a...21&prof=3123.1

According to this there are no regulations in NS...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

burgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really niceburgesshead is just really nice

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Found this...

http://www.cicic.ca/en/professions.a...21&prof=3123.1

According to this there are no regulations in NS...
Excellent, many thanks for the info I'll pass it on to my brother.

Much appreciated.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

a UK graduate should be able to work in NS, the problem might be getting offered a post, I don't think there are many practitioners there, which might limit opportunities.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
a UK graduate should be able to work in NS, the problem might be getting offered a post, I don't think there are many practitioners there, which might limit opportunities.
many thanks for the reply. Seems to be the norm at the moment
My wife wants me to have the job of the century before we move deluded.com
Guess she's just worried that we move and not able to improve our quality of life.

Thanks again
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burgesshead
My wife wants me to have the job of the century before we move deluded.com
Guess she's just worried that we move and not able to improve our quality of life.
not sure if serious - but she probably has a point.

canadians seem to prefer employing canadians, your brother however may not face this as most of his likely employers are likely to be expats
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

not sure if serious - but she probably has a point.

canadians seem to prefer employing canadians, your brother however may not face this as most of his likely employers are likely to be expats
valid point, and I suppose there is always the self employed route, as he is used to running his own business currently.

Re: the wife, I can see why she is tentative (and the current currency situation doesnt help), but I know that we are going to have to take a side step rather than an upward step...guess that's the reality of moving to another country
Oh well just have to keep on keeping on!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burgesshead
valid point, and I suppose there is always the self employed route, as he is used to running his own business currently.

Re: the wife, I can see why she is tentative (and the current currency situation doesnt help), but I know that we are going to have to take a side step rather than an upward step...guess that's the reality of moving to another country
Oh well just have to keep on keeping on!
in reality, moving country is more likely to be an economic backwards step in the short to medium term, particularly if there is a doubt over employment.

been there done that......

btw, whats nova scotia like?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

in reality, moving country is more likely to be an economic backwards step in the short to medium term, particularly if there is a doubt over employment.

been there done that......

btw, whats nova scotia like?
Really nice (and actually quite diverse given the small size of the province). Its obviously quite urban around Halifax, but once you go out to around Truro, quite bit of farmland (not unlike UK in appearance). Over Woflville way quite a few vinyards, and up north Cape Breton is apparently like Scotland (not been to that area).
Big on the maritime theme, but inland very rural, which is what we like really. I grew up near the sea so would be great to eventually go back there.