British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   PNP Province Nomination, cost CAD$ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/pnp-province-nomination-cost-cad%24-522163/)

shazza151 Mar 16th 2008 4:58 pm

PNP Province Nomination, cost CAD$

Hello Eveyone,

Thought :lightbulb: I would start this Thread to help people who arrive or have already arrived in Canada through the PNP process. For when they apply for their Province Nomination before applying for their Permanent Residency (Federal PR).;)

How much CAD$ does it cost for a Province Nomination. I have heard through the BE grapevine that some provinces charge a fee for Nomination. :confused:

So I guess what I am asking is;
1. What Province Nominated you (and your family) :)
2. How much was the fee :p
3. Was it each person or per family? :p

I will start the ball rolling.:p

1. Alberta's Province
2. Nomination is free. (postage of application $9.68 CAD):thumbsup:
3. OH and myself

Please help other people!!!!! If you know let others on here know too!:thumbup:

Thank you for any information that is helpful to others.:thumbsup:

Shazza 151

JonboyE Mar 16th 2008 5:03 pm

Re: PNP Province Nomination, cost CAD$

IN BC it is $500, but it is paid by the employer.

shazza151 Mar 16th 2008 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE (Post 6070385)

Hi JonboyE
Thank you for your reply, it will help others im sure

thanx
Shazza

lof Mar 16th 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE (Post 6070385)

;) unless you've got a special rebate it is $ 550.
it is not clearly stated who has to pay it. yes, it makes sense that the employer pays the provincial fee. but there are some potential nominees (specially if already here and working with small companies, i guess) who decide to at least participate at the cost to make the employer's decision to sponsor them easier. :blink:
might be a legal grey zone, but i guess it can be seen as another piece of commitment to work with them...

Provincial Nominee Program: Strategic Occupations
Processing Fee

There is a $550 non-refundable processing fee that must accompany each application to the Strategic Occupations component of the BC PNP. If the fee is not submitted with your application package, your application will not be accepted for processing.

The processing fee is waived for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses recruited through Health Match BC.

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA...cessingfee.htm

so...

1) BC
2) $ 550 (my employer paid half of it)
3) the fee is per package (in other words for a whole family if you bring them - i came on my own)

Judy in Calgary Mar 16th 2008 5:41 pm

Google says:
  • Alberta : FREE (as already stated)

• British Columbia : Website states flat fee of $550, and does not specify, as far as I can tell, who pays. Since I started typing, Lof has confirmed that it's fuzzy.

• Manitoba : FREE

• New Brunswick : FREE

• Newfoundland & Labrador : $150 flat fee for a skilled worker and $1,000 flat fee for an entrepreneur

• Nova Scotia : FREE

• Ontario : $2,000 flat fee for a skilled worker and $200 flat fee for a student

• PEI : There are different fees for different categories (skilled worker, entrepreneur, etc.). The skilled worker fee is a flat fee of $250.00.

• Saskatchewan : I did not find anything on the website. I didn’t find a statement specifying that the application process was free, but neither did I find any mention of fees.

• Yukon : I did not find anything on the website. I didn’t find a statement specifying that the application process was free, but neither did I find any mention of fees.
Here is CIC's web page that provides links to all the PNPs.

The Quebec Selection Certificate (QSC) operates like a PNP. The fees are $390 for the primary applicant, $150 for a spouse or common-law partner, and $150 for each child.
x

AlvicBC Mar 16th 2008 5:58 pm

Saskatchewan is free:thumbup:

JonboyE Mar 16th 2008 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by lof (Post 6070506)
;) unless you've got a special rebate it is $ 550.

They put it up! The ba****ds! I'm sure it was $500 when I looked at the end of last year.

lof Mar 17th 2008 3:10 am

:sneaky: jonboy, you must have missed close to one and a half year then. ;) afaik that's the amount they set in early october 2006 when they introduced the new procedures.
our draft, dated february 2nd, 2007 was definitely for $550. i have the copy in front of me. :blink: and we for sure didn't try to bribe them with 50 bucks over the "asking price". :p :rofl:

kvoisey Feb 26th 2009 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 6070527)
Google says:
  • Alberta : FREE (as already stated)

• British Columbia : Website states flat fee of $550, and does not specify, as far as I can tell, who pays. Since I started typing, Lof has confirmed that it's fuzzy.

• Manitoba : FREE

• New Brunswick : FREE

• Newfoundland & Labrador : $150 flat fee for a skilled worker and $1,000 flat fee for an entrepreneur

• Nova Scotia : FREE

• Ontario : $2,000 flat fee for a skilled worker and $200 flat fee for a student

• PEI : There are different fees for different categories (skilled worker, entrepreneur, etc.). The skilled worker fee is a flat fee of $250.00.

• Saskatchewan : I did not find anything on the website. I didn’t find a statement specifying that the application process was free, but neither did I find any mention of fees.

• Yukon : I did not find anything on the website. I didn’t find a statement specifying that the application process was free, but neither did I find any mention of fees.
Here is CIC's web page that provides links to all the PNPs.

The Quebec Selection Certificate (QSC) operates like a PNP. The fees are $390 for the primary applicant, $150 for a spouse or common-law partner, and $150 for each child.
x

That's great help, thank you Judy in Calgary for all the fee amounts!