Reload this Page >

plumbing & heating jobs in Alberta

plumbing & heating jobs in Alberta

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: plumbing & heating jobs in Alberta

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Slightly different but we have just returned from Kelowna, My husband is a heating engineer (gas fitter) originally a plumber with all the relevant city and guilds and advanced craft domestic heating etc. We also had a good business. He challenged the red seal for Gas and passed so now has a canadian licence. The most he got offered pay wise was $24.00 We couldn't live on that no way.
Red Seal for gas fitter? I haven't seen that in Ontario, here the exams are run by the TSSA. I thought they were different for each province. Not that it matters to us as we aren't likely to change provinces. Well done to your man for passing those exams, it's a ruddy shame the pay is rubbish.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Slightly different but we have just returned from Kelowna, My husband is a heating engineer (gas fitter) originally a plumber with all the relevant city and guilds and advanced craft domestic heating etc. We also had a good business. He challenged the red seal for Gas and passed so now has a canadian licence. The most he got offered pay wise was $24.00 We couldn't live on that no way.
did you expect wages on the books to be the same as self employed? $24 per hour works out to around 17 pounds per hour with the exchange rate as it is now which is not much different for on the books money, i am working with a guy who had his own plumbing company in calgary he was charging $100 per hour normal day rate, why didnt you want to start your own buisness in Canada?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

ctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to allctraveler is a name known to all

My brother is a plumber/gas fitter in Edmonton, Alberta. He is unionised with a Red Seal. He makes $40/hr for standard work and $45-$50/hr for industrial work.