Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Plug in on GMC terrain

Wikiposts

Plug in on GMC terrain

Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Plug in on GMC terrain

Hi all.

I just bought a GMC Terrain and wondered, before I go back to the garage to ask, if anybody knows where the plug in is to stop it freezing up overnight?

Thanks people!

BexM
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plug in on GMC terrain

Originally Posted by BexM
Hi all.

I just bought a GMC Terrain and wondered, before I go back to the garage to ask, if anybody knows where the plug in is to stop it freezing up overnight?

Thanks people!

BexM
It's a bit tricky on that model: you have to feed an extension cable up the exhaust pipe until it comes out next to the front passenger seat and then you just plug into the cigarette lighter on the dash-board.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:23 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It might not have come with one.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

BexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of lightBexM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It might not have come with one.
I feared that might be the case. Can you buy plug ins to attach? I'm assuming yes but I don't actually know!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:57 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I feared that might be the case. Can you buy plug ins to attach? I'm assuming yes but I don't actually know!
You can add one, but do go back to the dealer, in case it's been tucked away. If it was a US one, it's unlikely to hsve a block heaterheater according to Mr Piff
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think there may be a thread or two about block heaters somewhere or other.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I think there may be a thread or two about block heaters somewhere or other.
Surely your mistaken?
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:06 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Surely your mistaken?
Hmmm. In the meantime I googled a GMC Terrain and have concluded that the lack of a block heater is not the major pain in the future of the OP.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, well thanks for your comments. Piff Poff, I'll go back to the dealer and see if they can help out. Thanks!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 4:31 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Ahem...
Attached Thumbnails Plug in on GMC terrain-2014-11-14-23-29-41-1291085597.jpeg  
Old Nov 14th 2014, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.

Thanks people!

BexM
If it has one, the plug end of the cable is allegedly above or behind the passenger-side headlamp...
Old Nov 14th 2014, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Block heaters........Glad I don't have to deal with those things anymore.

Even if the car had one, nowhere to plug it in.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caretaker
Ahem...
Oh brilliant! Thank you!
Old Nov 15th 2014, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by withabix
If it has one, the plug end of the cable is allegedly above or behind the passenger-side headlamp...
Old Nov 15th 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Block heaters........Glad I don't have to deal with those things anymore.

Even if the car had one, nowhere to plug it in.
Well so far, we haven't needed it but the weather is getting colder so we wanted to know what the situation was, just in case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.