Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Please!! Tell me this isn't true!!

Please!! Tell me this isn't true!!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:00 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Re: Please!! Tell me this isn't true!!

Originally Posted by gooding
Well, not at the same time. But I can tell you where you could do them all one after the other within an hour or so as long as it is in March and April!!!
You can have a drink in the bar, ski down the mountain, call in at the shops in town before going whale watching.

Failing that you can have a beer in the ski lift, whilst using you mobile video phone to watch whales on then buy a T-shirt online before skiing back down the hill?????????? back in the Bar where you can watch the big screen TV on the discovery channel, whist drinking a beer, before visiting the gift shop on the way out!!!!! I can even take you back down the mountain for a spot of golf, or sun bathing by the beach??
Fancy it? I'll invite you round when we go back out to our house!
Gooding, you are a man after my own heart!! I would be delighted to accept your offer. Who knows, one day (many long, frustrating months down the line), I may be able to return the invite.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:07 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by canucker
Like it was posted earlier, it all depends on the company and your position. I get 5 weeks, that's after 5 years. Before that, it was 3.
I gotta get a job like that!! Thanks for the info, and say hi to Beautiful BC for me.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scouse
I gotta get a job like that!! Thanks for the info, and say hi to Beautiful BC for me.
Shouldn't that be

'I gotta get a job'
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:00 am
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Shouldn't that be

'I gotta get a job'
Sorry. I forgot myself there for a moment!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:10 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Hi Scouse,

I hope you use the word "man" loosely. I have a large chest and wear a skirt!!! Does that appeal more????

Gooding, you are a man after my own heart!! I would be delighted to accept your offer. Who knows, one day (many long, frustrating months down the line), I may be able to return the invite.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:11 pm
Gone Walkabout

Hi Scouse,

I hope you use the word "man" loosely. I have a large chest and wear a skirt!!! Does that appeal more????
Ooops!! Sorry about that......but now that you mention it!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:33 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scouse,

So you're Scottish then gooding!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:40 am
Glaswegian

I have heard a horrible, malicious rumour that Canadians only get 2 weeks vacation per year.
It isn't true ... do you feel better now??

Whiney immigrants only get two weeks, Canadians get at least three

Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:25 am

Donniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant futureDonniboo has a brilliant future

I started working here just over a month ago and was told I won't get ANY paid holiday for a YEAR!!! Then I will get TWO weeks, until I have worked there for three years and then I will get three weeks...aargh.....!!!

I used to teach in the UK, they didn't mind that my degree was only a three year degree. I was a good teacher, my students loved me and I got LONG holidays.... I must be mad, what am I doing here....??!!

Ah well... only 26 years until retirement...

Donniboo
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:50 am
Gone Walkabout

Ah well... only 26 years until retirement...

Donniboo[/QUOTE]

It's not long if you say it quickly!!

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:50 am
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
It isn't true ... do you feel better now??

Whiney immigrants only get two weeks, Canadians get at least three
Who let your rabbits out?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:41 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

I have heard a horrible, malicious rumour that Canadians only get 2 weeks vacation per year.
I was a bit concerned by this too. A girl from this forum who settled in Calgary at the end of 2004 only gets 10 days. Also a freind (Again in Calgary) would only get 10 days, but works as a contractor so takes more (unpaid of course).

Helen
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:55 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
I was a bit concerned by this too. A girl from this forum who settled in Calgary at the end of 2004 only gets 10 days. Also a freind (Again in Calgary) would only get 10 days, but works as a contractor so takes more (unpaid of course).

Helen
Hi Helen

It does sound a little mean initially, but as you will gather from the rest of the replies, that is how the Canadian cookie crumbles

We will just have to make the most of whatever time we get

All the best

Scouse
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:35 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Hi Helen

It does sound a little mean initially, but as you will gather from the rest of the replies, that is how the Canadian cookie crumbles

We will just have to make the most of whatever time we get

All the best

Scouse
Totally agree. I was a bit shocked, but reckon I could live with it.

Helen
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

xunzi will become famous soon enough

At my workplace I get the same 2 weeks paid but 'unlimited' unpaid time off. This is within reason, of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.