Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Please please buy my house

Please please buy my house

Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

mushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nice
Default Please please buy my house

Hi all,
The 8th viewer (in 3 months) is coming to my nice house in South Wales today. Please send some love and warmth through the ether - I've got my Canadian passport and I'm itching to move to Calgary this summer with my wife, little girl, dog and 2 cats. We're coming over in May/June for 2 weeks to look around and I'd really love to have the house sale sorted by then.

It's really a wierd kind of limbo when you know what you want and you're in someone else's hands.

Love and hugs

M
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please please buy my house

Hope all goes well for you!
It is such a stressfull roller coaster of a time when you are house selling isn't it?

Karma on it's way.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mushroom
Hi all,
The 8th viewer (in 3 months) is coming to my nice house in South Wales today. Please send some love and warmth through the ether - I've got my Canadian passport and I'm itching to move to Calgary this summer with my wife, little girl, dog and 2 cats. We're coming over in May/June for 2 weeks to look around and I'd really love to have the house sale sorted by then.

It's really a wierd kind of limbo when you know what you want and you're in someone else's hands.

Love and hugs

M
in the same position also had 5 viewers in 2 months selling is the only thing holding our plans back
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

susie evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jempee
in the same position also had 5 viewers in 2 months selling is the only thing holding our plans back
Come on guys - housing market is definitely picking up now - I'm in North Wales and things are on the move - having said that there are lots of houses now coming onto the market sooooooooooooooo good luck! Knowing how impatient you must be feeling at the wait I think we will sell and move into rented accommodation with bated breath! (that's assuming the house will sell at all at the price one would like!!)
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

sending huge vibes. know it sounds stupid but print two copys of photos of your house - ont he back write sold in red and green. put them under your pillow... thats what worked for us - that or soemthing in the air we had 18 viewings and only 2 second viewings and just the single offer...

**sell house vibes**
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

susie evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stubby1974
sending huge vibes. know it sounds stupid but print two copys of photos of your house - ont he back write sold in red and green. put them under your pillow... thats what worked for us - that or soemthing in the air we had 18 viewings and only 2 second viewings and just the single offer...

**sell house vibes**
There's got to be something in that - after all they say if you wish hard enough for something you are likely to get it.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Please please buy my house

Good luck with the viewing, fingers crossed for you. We have our visa's also and not one viewer in 8 months :scared: Starting to panic now, not sure if the estate agents really know what they are doing, been through 2 agents and they have both been a complete shambles, so good luck.

Hi all,

Love and hugs

M
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:32 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
not sure if the estate agents really know what they are doing, been through 2 agents and they have both been a complete shambles, so good luck.
We're on our third agent in a year! Things have definately picked up now - we've had two offers and another viewing on Friday. Fingers crossed for everyone on here with the same problem!

And of course the Canadian dollar once again going the wrong way... [insert expletive of your choice here]
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

harrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Love and hugs

M
Welcome me to the club as well. Everything ready to go, but waiting for the house to sell. I live in the midlands - have had many viewings and let down by one customer who led us on for a bit, there is one viewing tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed!! HCS
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Marathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really nice

Best of luck ! Remember you only need ONE offer !!!! (the right one..)
No honestly, fingers and everything else crossed.
Karma sent!
Bo
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

mushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nicemushroom is just really nice

Thanks to all who responded. One of the nice little things in life is how having other people in the same boat as you makes the paddle seem a little more bearable.

M
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrys
Welcome me to the club as well. Everything ready to go, but waiting for the house to sell. I live in the midlands - have had many viewings and let down by one customer who led us on for a bit, there is one viewing tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed!! HCS
Good Luck with your sale. I am supposed to exchange contracts on my place today, fingers crossed, and complete on Monday, thats after 6 months on the market. I think in total I had about 10 viewings via 2 agents. I had one offer the day the house was put on the market, but it was £20,000 below the asking price so I rejected it, now 6 months later, I have accepted an offer £30,000 below my asking price, boy do I wish I had accepted that original offer , just to get shot of the place and be ready for that moment when I finally get my visa.

I am sitting here waiting for the shippers to turn up and put the majority of my worldly possessions into storage till I get the visa. Couldn't get my shippers to pack me up on completion day so I am having to do it all 6 days early and I'm praying that the sale will complete. God I am so nervous that it's all going to fall apart at the eleventh hour.

Dozzzzy
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by susie evans
Come on guys - housing market is definitely picking up now - I'm in North Wales and things are on the move - having said that there are lots of houses now coming onto the market sooooooooooooooo good luck! Knowing how impatient you must be feeling at the wait I think we will sell and move into rented accommodation with bated breath! (that's assuming the house will sell at all at the price one would like!!)
Hi Susie, I hope you're right! I'm in North Wales and we can't seem to sell ours. Put it up for sale 9th Jan and only 3 viewings so far. It's really getting me down. My advice to anyone is don't leave it until later, sell now and go into rented if you can. If you invest the money from the house sale the interest would probably be enough to pay the rent. Good luck to everyone buying and selling - stay cool!!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Good Luck with your sale. I am supposed to exchange contracts on my place today, fingers crossed, and complete on Monday, thats after 6 months on the market. I think in total I had about 10 viewings via 2 agents. I had one offer the day the house was put on the market, but it was £20,000 below the asking price so I rejected it, now 6 months later, I have accepted an offer £30,000 below my asking price, boy do I wish I had accepted that original offer , just to get shot of the place and be ready for that moment when I finally get my visa.

I am sitting here waiting for the shippers to turn up and put the majority of my worldly possessions into storage till I get the visa. Couldn't get my shippers to pack me up on completion day so I am having to do it all 6 days early and I'm praying that the sale will complete. God I am so nervous that it's all going to fall apart at the eleventh hour.

Dozzzzy
Hope it goes through OK! Yours makes my story not look too bad after all as we've had three viewings in about 7 weeks. Things have certainly changed from just a year ago. The other day we worked out what we were "worth" in terms of CAD and how much we had lost due to the continually dropping exchange rate. We seem to be losing a lot of money as each week goes by. That's the real dilemma, we need every penny we can get, but if we hold out for a better offer could we stand to lose more in the end? But wait, what am I talking about? We haven't even had an offer yet! Good luck for today.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Janietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really nice

sending some love and warmth towards your house sale, i know exactly how you feel, we are going through it now, and this has been the 2nd offer on our house, first one was in OCT last year, it all fell apart in early Jan this year due to person at bottom of chain not getting their mortgage, so had to put it back on the market, within one week we was under offer again, this time its cash buyers YAY.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.