Please help regarding CARNA

Wikiposts

Please help regarding CARNA

Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:06 am
Just Joined

NOKU72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help regarding CARNA

Hallo

I am new here but have been catching up on all the posts. I am a registered nurse going through the assessment with the CARNA, at present they are assessing my application but they just sent me this:
1. Photocopy of marriage certificate or notarized document indicating current

Surname and all other surnames that you have been known by.

They say this is outstanding, my problem is I was married in CONGO years ago when the country became unsettled we lost most of our documents. Does anyone know how I can go about proving my surname, I do not even have a birth certificate but hold a british passport, with both my maiden name and married name which I have sent to them. I apologise for such a long message. thank you
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:35 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help regarding CARNA

Originally Posted by NOKU72
Hallo

I am new here but have been catching up on all the posts. I am a registered nurse going through the assessment with the CARNA, at present they are assessing my application but they just sent me this:

Surname and all other surnames that you have been known by

They say this is outstanding, my problem is I was married in CONGO years ago when the country became unsettled we lost most of our documents. Does anyone know how I can go about proving my surname, I do not even have a birth certificate but hold a british passport, with both my maiden name and married name which I have sent to them. I apologise for such a long message. thank you
I'd suggest contacting a lawyer about getting something drawn up by them to explain the situation, and giving them your details.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:04 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Hallo

I think you should supply them with a notarized document stating why you cannot provide them as requested. This should suffice.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

marieceleste is on a distinguished road

You may be able to swear in front of a court official in the local court to say that you were married on said date and that your name changed from your maiden name to your married name. The court official will sign a document and get it stamped with a court seal. I had to do this for the CRPNBC 6 years ago when I had changed my name by deed pole and lost the documentation.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

NOKU72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie

Thank you everyone your replys, cant thank you enough

Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hallo

Hi

Can i ask you where will you be going to work in Alberta? I am already here in Calgary working at the Foothills. There is a hiring freeze in Alberta. Just be careful cos they are not recruiting international nurses and even local ones. Dont resign yet. I dont want to sound pessimistic but just realistic. Sometimes I am just wondering if I made the right decision in coming here from the UK. I gave up my job as a top Band 6 to come here.

Ibby
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:37 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi

Can i ask you where will you be going to work in Alberta? I am already here in Calgary working at the Foothills. There is a hiring freeze in Alberta. Just be careful cos they are not recruiting international nurses and even local ones. Dont resign yet. I dont want to sound pessimistic but just realistic. Sometimes I am just wondering if I made the right decision in coming here from the UK. I gave up my job as a top Band 6 to come here.

Ibby
I'm hearing much the same from my friend here in Red Deer too - very unsettling times for nurses on TWP's waiting for PNP and such like.