Wikiposts

Please help!

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:40 am
purplejan

purplejan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help!

Hi to everyone.
Myself Jan and my husband Chris also 2 sprogs, 17/15
We are very interested in moving to Canada and have sent a CV to Yanke. Have read lots about the good and the bad of Yanke but hey, you can say that about any Company !
We have been looking at the towns Regina, Saskatoon and Moose Jaw and would like some honest opinions form people who live there? We dont want to live in the middle of town but not miles from anyone eigther! We come form Kent, Faversham near Canterbury which is a small town but is near to larger towns, so we have the best of both worlds! What we need to know is that there are good schools amd medical facilities, shops and things for the kids to do. We would be very grateful for any advice that can be offered
Also if any one works for Yanke, can you tell us how much it would cost to actually get there? They say they pay to get to Canada, is that when you actually move or when you go for the interview? Sorry if I sound a bit
But this is all so new to us and we want as much info as we can get and who better from than people who have already done it!!

Waiting in anticipation!! Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:32 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help!

Hi Jan,Chris and 2 sprogs.
You are very welcome to BE and the long wait for Permanent Residency.
My OH and I are also moving to Sask and he has already passed a job interview as a heavy construction mechanic for a firm in Regina. We have to go out and see the firm and if my OH actually will accept the job -he had better or I'll kill him
If you look out for posts from karla03, loafy and printer, carrieann they are also going to Sask and have information on Yanke. You could try searching this forum and some of this info will appear. They are all very helpful.
We are going now on 21st June but could only get OH 6 days holidays so it will be a very short trip, but I will post my review of the towns you have mentioned when I come back.
Good luck its more about who you know and not what you know where getting a job is concerned in Canada so the more people you can get in touch with the better.
Alison.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi jan, i am also from kent in ashford so not far at all...obviously u had enough of this counrty too..we have applied for a skilled workers in jan 07...so we have a long wait still...but we cant wait to leave this god forsaken place..be interested in your story
claire
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:29 am
purplejan

Originally Posted by Alvic
My OH and I are also moving to Sask and he has already passed a job interview as a heavy construction mechanic for a firm in Regina. We have to go out and see the firm and if my OH actually will accept the job -he had better or I'll kill him
If you look out for posts from karla03, loafy and printer, carrieann they are also going to Sask and have information on Yanke. You could try searching this forum and some of this info will appear. They are all very helpful.
We are going now on 21st June but could only get OH 6 days holidays so it will be a very short trip, but I will post my review of the towns you have mentioned when I come back.
Good luck its more about who you know and not what you know where getting a job is concerned in Canada so the more people you can get in touch with the better.
Alison.
Hi Claire,thanks for your reply!! This is fun isnt it?!! You say you have a long wait, we dont know anything about time scales, have you been told how long it could take for it all to happen? Do you have any preferance to where you want to live, have you any kids? Yes we are both pretty fed up here and think if we dont do something now it will be too late! I'm 56 and Chris 45 we are a bit anxcious as we have a nice house here, know lots of people, the kids have their freinds etc, etc!( are we doing the right thing!!!!!) Mind you some times you just have to go for it! We dont know any one out there, my dads neibours have a daughter in Halifax I think, doing long haul and they love it!!..I have been reading a lot of the notes on here and it can be very confusing, some love a certain place, company etc, while others hate it, who do you take notice of? Anyway, it would be nice to keep in touch to see how things go?.. Kindest regards Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:35 am
purplejan

Alison.
Hi Alson, thank you for your reply. We will be very grateful if you can let us know about the towns, hope you get on ok.........How long has it taken you to get this far? Its always who you know isnt it? Which is good as at least you can get first hand information and it is such a big step to give up everything here, for the unknown! Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you again!
Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:47 am

Believe it or not Jan we decided in the middle of April this year to do something about it as well. We visited ontario four years ago and have talked casually about it on and off since. f I'd known then that it took upwards of 40 months for PR -it would have been applied for then!!!!!
I cant really complain as I say it was only really in April that we started the ball rolling and my husband has already got a job offer - i just hope it is right for us when we go out or we will be devastated. I do feel like a bit of a cheat when you read the long wait others have had on the forum. To be honest it is thanks to the contacts on here that we have gotten so far so quickly - much to the regret of my family. They have been giving me a very hard time. My poor Mum is heartbroken and I am not away yet. Do you have this problem?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:07 am
purplejan

Believe it or not Jan we decided in the middle of April this year to do something about it as well. We visited ontario four years ago and have talked casually about it on and off since. f I'd known then that it took upwards of 40 months for PR -it would have been applied for then!!!!!
I cant really complain as I say it was only really in April that we started the ball rolling and my husband has already got a job offer - i just hope it is right for us when we go out or we will be devastated. I do feel like a bit of a cheat when you read the long wait others have had on the forum. To be honest it is thanks to the contacts on here that we have gotten so far so quickly - much to the regret of my family. They have been giving me a very hard time. My poor Mum is heartbroken and I am not away yet. Do you have this problem?
Hi Alison!! My mother in law doesnt know we are thinking about leaving but my dad does and he said to go for it and I know he means it!! I have sent a CV to Yanke, as we didnt know anything about them having interviews here, so dont really know what happens next! We have only decided about going for about 2 weeks! Just seem to happen out of the blue! I should think there are a lot of hurdles to get through so I know it wont be easy! What do you know about saskatoon, is that where you will be going? I've been trying to find out about Regina ( my daughter said 'what kind of name is that for a place to live!') and Moose Jaw. do you know anything about them?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi jan, we are hoping to go to ontario as the kids dad emmigrated there, i have 3 kids ages 15, 13 and 7. we have been told when we received our receipt and file no it could take between 42-48 months...joy please keep in contact and i will let u know how im doing also
claire
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:57 am
purplejan

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi jan, we are hoping to go to ontario as the kids dad emmigrated there, i have 3 kids ages 15, 13 and 7. we have been told when we received our receipt and file no it could take between 42-48 months...joy please keep in contact and i will let u know how im doing also
claire
Blimey sarge!! That long!!!There's my Abi saying she was worried about going to school out there!! She leaves next year so she'llbe able to finish here! Oh well........why does it take sooooo long?? Where are you from Claire? Keep in touch wont you? Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:00 am
purplejan

Originally Posted by purplejan
Blimey sarge!! That long!!!There's my Abi saying she was worried about going to school out there!! She leaves next year so she'llbe able to finish here! Oh well........why does it take sooooo long?? Where are you from Claire? Keep in touch wont you? Jan
There's me asking where your from!! Ashford derrrr! Its my age.!!.......I cant get over how longgggggggg it takes!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:51 am

Jan - lizwil98 who posts on here is very helpful regarding Regina as she immigrated there 40 years ago. She was very helpful to us and put us in contact with the people who have offered my husband the job. Perhaps if you start a thread asking directly for her help or I will PM(Personally Mail) her for you and ask her to reply to your thread "PleaseHelp". My husband also said the same as your daughter about Regina, just tell her it is named after Royalty!!!
karla03 is moving to Moose Jaw and is also very helpful. If you be a bit more specific with your thread title and mention Saskatchewan etc in it some of the others going there might read it.
If I get any other info i will tell you.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

It takes so long because the CIC lowered the points threshold and didn't increase the visa quota. Also London CIC deals with applications from the Gulf as well, and on top of this the CIC channels most immigrants into one visa category. According to the CIC's latest figures the majority of most cases from London get completed at 55 months. In other words, if you apply tonight, you will be getting your visa roundabout January 2012.

Also, according to a few long-suffering souls on this forum, CIC does not respond when emailed or telephoned through this process. But look on the bright side - if you were applying from Bogota you'd be waiting for 7 years for your visa!

Good luck.

Last edited by Tableland; Jun 3rd 2007 at 8:50 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:20 am
purplejan

Jan - lizwil98 who posts on here is very helpful regarding Regina as she immigrated there 40 years ago. She was very helpful to us and put us in contact with the people who have offered my husband the job. Perhaps if you start a thread asking directly for her help or I will PM(Personally Mail) her for you and ask her to reply to your thread "PleaseHelp". My husband also said the same as your daughter about Regina, just tell her it is named after Royalty!!!
karla03 is moving to Moose Jaw and is also very helpful. If you be a bit more specific with your thread title and mention Saskatchewan etc in it some of the others going there might read it.
If I get any other info i will tell you.
Thanks for that Alison.......How do I contact Lizwil98 dierctly? Still not too sure my way around this site! Do I just look through all the names untillI find her?! Perhaps if I give you my email address you could ask her to get in touch direct? (is this allowed!?)...........Thanks Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:21 am
purplejan

Originally Posted by Tableland
It takes so long because the CIC lowered the points threshold and didn't increase the visa quota. Also London CIC deals with applications from the Gulf as well, and on top of this the CIC channels most immigrants into one visa category. According to the CIC's latest figures the majority of most cases from London get completed at 55 months. In other words, if you apply tonight, you will be getting your visa roundabout January 2012.

Also, according to a few long-suffering souls on this forum, CIC does not respond when emailed or telephoned through this process. But look on the bright side - if you were applying from Bogota you'd be waiting for 7 years for your visa!

Good luck.
Thank you!! So much can happen in 4 years!! hehe! thank you for your time! Jan
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:11 am
purplejan

Thanks for that Alison.......How do I contact Lizwil98 dierctly? Still not too sure my way around this site! Do I just look through all the names untillI find her?! Perhaps if I give you my email address you could ask her to get in touch direct? (is this allowed!?)...........Thanks Jan
Hi alison, have tried ti find lizwil98 but no luck,perhaps you can help....Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.