Reload this Page >

Plasterer and family looking to move to Canada

Plasterer and family looking to move to Canada

Old Feb 7th 2021, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Nickymorgan94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plasterer and family looking to move to Canada

Hello everyone hope you are all well!

Me and my family want to move to Canada in the near future but I am finding it really hard on how to find work / ask questions about work to the required tradies.

I am a plasterer of 7 years and multi skilled trades man and want to find out if I will be able to find work and what the salary is like so I can work out costs etc...

When applying what's the best route and what would help with my application.

Many thanks
Old Feb 8th 2021, 10:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plasterer and family looking to move to Canada

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Nickymorgan94
Me and my family want to move to Canada in the near future but I am finding it really hard on how to find work / ask questions about work to the required tradies.
Searching the forum will give you lots of info, hopefully there are previous threads from plasterers which will help with info on what you'd need to do to be able to work over (in terms of getting registered), and how much work there is.

I am a plasterer of 7 years and multi skilled trades man and want to find out if I will be able to find work and what the salary is like so I can work out costs etc...
For that, you need the Job Bank website. Looking at that, there are around 300 plasterers jobs currently being advertised across Canada, the vast majority of those are in BC, with AB the next province in terms of jobs. Your average salary would be $30ph, which would equate to around $58,500 (£33,400) a year roughly, to give you an idea.

When applying what's the best route and what would help with my application.
What will help with a visa application would be having lots of post-secondary education, being young, and speaking both French and English fluently. But if you don't have all that, then don't worry - those are just the things that would help most! From a practical point of view, save as much money as you can as moving a family abroad isn't cheap unfortunately, and have a look at the Wiki for info there, such as the 'departure to do list' which has loads of practical suggestions.

For visa route, have a look at the CIC eligibility tool on their website, and then post any questions in the immigration section of the forum. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

HTH, best of luck.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 4:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plasterer and family looking to move to Canada

Plasterer (known under various names here) is a regulated profession in Canada - so you will need to apply to get your Provincial Certificate of Qualification (each Province has it's own regulatory body) by challenging the requirements based on provable work experience hours (usually around 9000).. for each Province you can see the regulatory body on this link: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ments/21513/ca - once on the websites look for 'Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience' or 'Experienced Workers, Trade Equivalency Assessment' - for example for BC: https://www.itabc.ca/program/lather-...ling-installer
for Ontario: (opens in new tab, no download required) https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/wp-co...March-2020.pdf

Once obtained this will also enable you to apply under FSW Trades without needing a job offer, which has a lower point requirement.