Plan B

Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plan B

No not the emergency pill, if you were wondering.

I really really really really really want to be in Toronto but I am in the wrong line of business for occupations under pressure.

Had a brain fart and took a look at Calgary and Alberta and my NOC group is listed in both as occupations under pressure.

So I'm thinking that Plan B would be to go there as it would probably shorten my time in getting in. Once I am in and have PR (if I can get an employer to go for an AEO) I can do what I want and move to Toronto.

I ain't effing giving up on this.

At the same time it has been announced that the Ontario list is under revision and if I understood it correctly will be announced during september. Has anyone heard anything in the grapevine of what will be added/removed?

I'm not going to come up with stupid questions such as "what is it like to live in Vancouver/Calgary" and such. I'll wiki my way through that. But I'm thinking that maybe this is what I will have to do to fulfill my need to be in Canada and eventually in Toronto in particular.

Does Plan B sound like a completely daft idea?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:22 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan B

Originally Posted by YYZlover

I really really really really really want to be in Toronto but I am in the wrong line of business for occupations under pressure.

Had a brain fart and took a look at Calgary and Alberta and my NOC group is listed in both as occupations under pressure.

So I'm thinking that Plan B would be to go there as it would probably shorten my time in getting in. Once I am in and have PR (if I can get an employer to go for an AEO) I can do what I want and move to Toronto.

At the same time it has been announced that the Ontario list is under revision and if I understood it correctly will be announced during september. Has anyone heard anything in the grapevine of what will be added/removed?

I'm not going to come up with stupid questions such as "what is it like to live in Vancouver/Calgary" and such. I'll wiki my way through that. But I'm thinking that maybe this is what I will have to do to fulfill my need to be in Canada and eventually in Toronto in particular.

Go girl I bet that's what a lot of people are doing. Were there's a will, there's a way. Good luck
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:37 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

No, mainly cos I can buy a drink to make up for that asshole test
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like very pragmatic thinking to us. Oh, and you get to sort Butch out...someone has to!

Take a look at the blog (link in sig line below) for some idea of life in and arounds Calgary. Good luck.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Hart50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've no doubt lost the plot but what kind of job would you be looking for in Calgary?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a very good plan to me - don't give up!

Good luck to you, sorry that Plan A didn't work out but I'm sure you'll manage it. Karma sent for persevering.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hart50
I've no doubt lost the plot but what kind of job would you be looking for in Calgary?
I'm n the arts and culture NOC group. 05x - 5xxx

I'm also in web and internet.

Seems like Vancouver has a lot of 05-5 jobs. More so than Calgary.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hart50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although Calgary's technology industry is growing you are probably correct that Vancouver has better opportunities. Having said that, you could contact SAIT as they may have some ideas on job prospects.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:03 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the spirit

Not at all, it makes perfect sense. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hart50
Although Calgary's technology industry is growing you are probably correct that Vancouver has better opportunities. Having said that, you could contact SAIT as they may have some ideas on job prospects.
SAIT?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:10 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Plan B sounds an excellent way to go as if I remember correctly you only have yourself to tag along so at least there will not be that pressure to consider. Go for it and just look upon it as a detour but you will arrive at your heartfelt final destination in the end just with a little more experience of Canada and life as to where you want to be....go for it
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JLT
Plan B sounds an excellent way to go as if I remember correctly you only have yourself to tag along so at least there will not be that pressure to consider. Go for it and just look upon it as a detour but you will arrive at your heartfelt final destination in the end just with a little more experience of Canada and life as to where you want to be....go for it
Someone sent me Kharma and said "If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer". That reminded me of a production manager on a tour who would simply get the pyro guys to blow holes in the wall if we couldn't get the trucks in or didn't have enough entries for the trucks. There are a few football stadiums around europe with wider doors these days. Including one in Manchester.

So, If this "front door" here in Toronto is not going to work getting in, I'll take the kitchen entrance (or get the pyro guys to blow me a door).

And apart from a cat and a horse, I don't have anyone tagging along.

:-)
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:23 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Someone sent me Kharma and said "If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer". That reminded me of a production manager on a tour who would simply get the pyro guys to blow holes in the wall if we couldn't get the trucks in or didn't have enough entries for the trucks. There are a few football stadiums around europe with wider doors these days. Including one in Manchester.

So, If this "front door" here in Toronto is not going to work getting in, I'll take the kitchen entrance (or get the pyro guys to blow me a door).

And apart from a cat and a horse, I don't have anyone tagging along.

:-)
Excellent..... Yes I remember you have a warmblood boy, where are you going to keep him?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JLT
Excellent..... Yes I remember you have a warmblood boy, where are you going to keep him?
At the moment he is wandering around a field at my parents farm getting fat on lush grass. (they had it plowed and reseeded two years ago). I doubt the dressage saddle will fit when I get back there. If I don't get in too late on wednesday and am not too tired (shouldn't be. I'm flying back in business class for the reason of not having to pay excess luggage. Thank god for frequent flyer miles!)

He'd be hanging around there until I know 100% I will have PR sorted and then be on first available flight. Or I will send him to a friend near by with indorr school for training.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:40 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

At the moment he is wandering around a field at my parents farm getting fat on lush grass. (they had it plowed and reseeded two years ago). I doubt the dressage saddle will fit when I get back there. If I don't get in too late on wednesday and am not too tired (shouldn't be. I'm flying back in business class for the reason of not having to pay excess luggage. Thank god for frequent flyer miles!)

He'd be hanging around there until I know 100% I will have PR sorted and then be on first available flight. Or I will send him to a friend near by with indorr school for training.
You seem to have everything in order for your plans ahead sure it will work out for you and you are so positive... and great you have friends to accomodate your needs. I have just made the decision to purchase 1/2 horses now in Toronto for my daughter had thought of shipping a little bit of English over but really is not feasible to do it as she really only needs a starter horse and companion to begin with, just hope I make the right choice for her on my return little nervous on that one few things to consider on my move back to Toronto but I will go with flow and my guts!! Good luck in Toronto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.