Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ping Ponging back to BC

Ping Ponging back to BC

Old Oct 18th 2018, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

biggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ping Ponging back to BC

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
if you can earn $70-100,000 each you wouldn't want for very much on a day to day basis?
The median (family) household income in Comox (2016) is supposedly just below $80,000. I'd certainly like to be bringing in twice that, but might take a year or two (thanks to my reluctance to get a 'real' job )
Old Oct 18th 2018, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

biggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scilly
What is a good income depends so much on what you want to do, and what your expectations are.

House prices in the Comox Valley seem to range from $325,000.00 to $1,850,000.00 according to recent reports on Google.
Think we'll be looking at around $500 -600k. It won't buy anything fancy, but still some decent properties in that range.

Originally Posted by scilly
But then, how well do you live, or want to live? How much do you want to spend on food, drink, entertainment, clothes, dining out, recreation, etc etc ?
We don't live lavishly. My major concerns in terms of costs are groceries (we're a family of four) and vehicles (we'll need two, but get by with one here), because they're so much more in BC than the UK. Other than that a ski pass would be nice. As for flying I'll do that on my own and for work reasons. If we're taking the kids, then the ferry makes way more sense.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

You might have to plan your finances even for a ferry trip, especially if you have children and all their expenses!