Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

ping pong? kamloops - nova scotia

ping pong? kamloops - nova scotia

Old Feb 17th 2018, 12:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ping pong? kamloops - nova scotia

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I think JerseyGirl does something very similar. Cruise-wise I mean
There's deals to be had.

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/cheap-cruises/

Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:33 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Maybe they rent out the trailers in the summer for extra income?
I think there was a mini thread on it a couple of years back. I seem to recall Js posting in it as well as me.

There were mobile homes for as little as $10k that seemed decent enough but there were always site fees - like those ridiculous service charges (or whatever they were called) on Time Shares.

Imagine the potential complications in long distance renting.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No tips on how not to be sea sick then. That's always been my worry.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 3:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No tips on how not to be sea sick then. That's always been my worry.
https://www.icruise.com/blog/8-ways-...-a-cruise.html

My sister said she felt a little unwell the first day or so, took Quells or equivalent and after that she was absolutely fine - got her 'sea legs'.

Old Feb 17th 2018, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

The other in-laws rent a place in a mobile home park, they've rented the same one for about 8 years and rented another one in the same park for about 3 years before that.

They reserve it before they leave in late March for the following November ........... the one they currently rent was owned by an older woman somewhere in the northern US who used to rent it out for much of the year. She died about 6 years ago and left it to her son, who thought about selling it but decided to continue to rent it ........ probably makes a nice little income for him.

The in-laws have a much more active life down there than in their own cottage in NS .......... swimming pool and rec centre on site, meet up with many of the same people from year to year.

They take 2 to 3 days to drive down or back, and fill the car up with all kinds of things they "need" down there.

But, yes, the exchange rate is worrying them, it costs them more than it did a couple of years ago.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 11:30 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
........... and as most of my comments on this and other threads have been on my experiences in Metro Halifax, it perhaps explains why my experiences have been so different from yours

My weirdest experience was the first time I visited Peggy's Cove ............. in the thickest fog you could imagine apart from those of the 1950s and 60s in the UK.

It is still my favourite visit to Peggy's Cove!
I think so too. We once left or home at 28C to go to Martinique Beach. It was 16C!!! It's not always that way but that day it really was. We mostly go to Melmerby Beach as that's always warm water and hot.
I can imagine that was an amazing visit to Peggys Cove indeed