Pets ?

Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

wordsunspoken is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pets ?

Hi, if we move over to canada we would like to bring our old dog with us but I dont know if it is to much for him .
Has anyone taken there pets with them when they moved ?
please can some one help me on this, thanks
Julie
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets ?

Originally Posted by wordsunspoken
Hi, if we move over to canada we would like to bring our old dog with us but I dont know if it is to much for him .
Julie
Yep

We took our two Rottweilers with us 3 days ago. we had a horrendous journey (due to a problem with the plane) but they coped very well. No ill effects at all.

My wife took them out 10 mins ago (7:30 am) and it is minus 12 here. They don't seem to mind the cold at all but she said that, as she was "pooper scooping" the male one was always on 3 legs, transferring each one regularly. Now either he wants to be a lizard or the ground was a little too cold for him
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Julie

hi julie, there are many threads on here about peeps relocating with their pets, have a search and good luck
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Yep

We took our two Rottweilers with us 3 days ago. we had a horrendous journey (due to a problem with the plane) but they coped very well. No ill effects at all.

My wife took them out 10 mins ago (7:30 am) and it is minus 12 here. They don't seem to mind the cold at all but she said that, as she was "pooper scooping" the male one was always on 3 legs, transferring each one regularly. Now either he wants to be a lizard or the ground was a little too cold for him
my dog is half rottweiler and half lab I've been told,
do they have to have all there jab befor they go
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hi julie, there are many threads on here about peeps relocating with their pets, have a search and good luck
will do thanks
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

will do thanks

good luck it's not easy with pets, we brought our two persian cats with us but they were just 5yrs old at the time however it was still an ordeal for them.

to search just click on the 'search' at the top on the peach coloured bar above..
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future

Julie
Loads of threads about this - but just quickly - we brought our elderly and much-loved cat just over 2 years ago. We took advice from our vet who said she'd be stressed whatever we chose to do, but at least bringing her she'd be re-united with us, whereas she may never have got over re-homing. I'm happy to say she's fine...she's coming up to 16 years old and rules the house just as she did before!
Good Luck
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jood
Loads of threads about this - but just quickly - we brought our elderly and much-loved cat just over 2 years ago. We took advice from our vet who said she'd be stressed whatever we chose to do, but at least bringing her she'd be re-united with us, whereas she may never have got over re-homing. I'm happy to say she's fine...she's coming up to 16 years old and rules the house just as she did before!
Good Luck
Glad your old girl was ok, we have 3 cats, 2 of which will be about 14 when we move over so reading your post has reassured me that older cats can be alright. I also noted what your vet said about an older cat not getting over re-homing - not that we were thinking of rehoming any of them.

Our Dobermann & 3 cats are all very much included in our plans to move over - unless any of them have pegged it by the time we move over, I sure hope they don't.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:32 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Yep

the male one was always on 3 legs, transferring each one regularly. Now either he wants to be a lizard or the ground was a little too cold for him
OI get him some shoes!!!!

You (or your good lady) may look like a t**t but at least he wont suffer.

(how does she like the house?????)
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Julie
2 x cats 16 years old (people years not cat years).

Travelled fine, now having the happiest time of their furry lil' lives.

Worry not, pets relocate better than people, they don't have all those worries and psycho-baggage. Food water and a safe place to sleep is all. pretty much fits in with Maslows theory. Pets as level one biological and phisiological needs met = a happy pet.

Rich.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Arris
Glad your old girl was ok, we have 3 cats, 2 of which will be about 14 when we move over so reading your post has reassured me that older cats can be alright. I also noted what your vet said about an older cat not getting over re-homing - not that we were thinking of rehoming any of them.

Our Dobermann & 3 cats are all very much included in our plans to move over - unless any of them have pegged it by the time we move over, I sure hope they don't.
Hi again - get a bottle of Feliway from your vet - it's stuff you spray into the crate, onto bedding, around your new home, and is a good stress reliever.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jood
Hi again - get a bottle of Feliway from your vet - it's stuff you spray into the crate, onto bedding, around your new home, and is a good stress reliever.
Thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a go

Reading the post from Rich_ 007 was also very reassuring

Last edited by Arris; Jan 18th 2007 at 6:45 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arris
Thanks for the suggestion
You are aware that the life expectancy for your cats will be dramatically shortened in Fort MacLeod arent you? (I am assuming they are used to being outdoor cats and you intend to continue that).
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
You are aware that the life expectancy for your cats will be dramatically shortened in Fort MacLeod arent you? (I am assuming they are used to being outdoor cats and you intend to continue that).
My Cousin who lives in Fort Macleod has told me how their 3 cats become 'house cats' for the winter months, so i'm guessing maybe ours will do the same - i'll probably encourage them to do so.

Two of them will be old fellas anyhow & the little chap has 3 legs, so getting around in snow may be a problem for him
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Julie
Brought 2 cats 17 years old, vet discovered one had a heart murmur in pre-flight medical and wasn't going to let him fly. Other cat died a couple of months ago from cancer, but Mr Heart Murmur is still going strong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.