pet transport

Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Question pet transport

can anybody tell me where I can buy suitable pet crates which would be suitable to use as cargo in the UK? we're bringing a cat and a border terrier with us on the plane - hopefully
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pet transport

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
can anybody tell me where I can buy suitable pet crates which would be suitable to use as cargo in the UK? we're bringing a cat and a border terrier with us on the plane - hopefully
Are you going from the UK to Canada?

Most companies that arrange your pet travel ask for measurements and the crate is specifically made (well it is for dogs - don't know about cats).

I think you can buy them off ebay - they have to be approved by some body (can't remember which) - someone will know. So if you do it that way - make sure you get *exactly* the right size.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Varikennels are the ones typically used. The "specially" made ones referred to by the poster above are usually wooden.

The crate will need to comply with IATA regulations. Here is a linky: IATA Linky
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

ChromeoHurts is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about Dogs but I used Verikennel for my cat - it was fine. Amazon sell them: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carriers-Str...8210031&page=1
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

beaujolais is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you know that with Air Canada your pet can be carried/booked as excess baggage if it is under about one hundred pounds in weight saving a fortune, I think air transat may do this also. Our dog weighed too much we were gutted we had to fly him cargo it cost thousands!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:32 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget about insurance in case your pet doesn't survive the flight.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:42 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Size does matter

Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by magnumpi
lol I love it!!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beaujolais
Did you know that with Air Canada your pet can be carried/booked as excess baggage if it is under about one hundred pounds in weight saving a fortune, I think air transat may do this also. Our dog weighed too much we were gutted we had to fly him cargo it cost thousands!
Thanks for that, I'll check it out
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Are you going from the UK to Canada?

Most companies that arrange your pet travel ask for measurements and the crate is specifically made (well it is for dogs - don't know about cats).

I think you can buy them off ebay - they have to be approved by some body (can't remember which) - someone will know. So if you do it that way - make sure you get *exactly* the right size.
yes we live in Devon, my better half is going on ebay to check it out