Pet Export

Old Sep 24th 2020, 11:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Export

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Air Canada cargo has been shipping company only for as long as I've been planning my move, but Air Canada with a pet in checked baggage was still a DIY option earlier this year? At least that's what my look into it suggested
Coming to Canada yes......... going back to the UK, unfortunately Air Canada insist on you using an agent
Old Sep 24th 2020, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Coming to Canada yes......... going back to the UK, unfortunately Air Canada insist on you using an agent
Aye, I was referring to the more recent move that would appear to impact those coming from UK to Canada (me) that has come about in the last few months, that i wasn't aware of until it was stuck in this thread from the below post, which is a semi significant change if the OP was considering it (likewise for me, and the person that posted the info) that currently isn't detailed on the AC website.

Originally Posted by AdamfromWales

Prices are higher than they were, I assume due to the added complexities. I believe as of right now, AC aren't quoting at all to the public and they will only accept pet cargo via a shipper.

Last edited by Stumpylegs; Sep 24th 2020 at 11:56 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2020, 11:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, I was referring to the more recent move that would appear to impact those coming from UK to Canada (me) that has come about in the last few months, that i wasn't aware of until it was stuck in this thread from the below post, which is a semi significant change if the OP was considering it (likewise for me, and the person that posted the info) that currently isn't detailed on the AC website.
Sorry.. who are you quoting? -- I couldn't see the post you mention.
Quote:
Prices are higher than they were, I assume due to the added complexities. I believe as of right now, AC aren’t quoting at all to the public and they will only accept pet cargo via a shipper.
Old Sep 24th 2020, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sorry.. who are you quoting? -- I couldn't see the post you mention.
Fixed- sorry was trying to multitask.
Old Sep 25th 2020, 4:28 pm
Banned

Fixed- sorry was trying to multitask.
Ok, thanks!

The limitation of transporting animals and using a pet transporation agent is for those coming in CARGO.
https://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/s...tions/ac-live/

Please contact Air Canada Cargo (AC Animals) for rates and assistance in shipping kennels that exceed 45 kg (100 lb) in weight, or 292 cm (115 in) in linear dimensions (length + width + height).

For animals that can fly either in the cabin or in baggage, the prices and restrictions are the same as they were as far as I am aware.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ance/pets.html

In the baggage compartment

• $105.00 - $120.75 per one way for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
  • $270.00 - $318.60 per one way for all other itineraries
Do keep in mind the winter restrictions if you are planning on moving over soon (or heat restrictions if next summer)

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 25th 2020 at 4:32 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2020, 12:46 am
Just Joined

RS_OS is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew our dog out in July this year and used a company called Petair UK. The price was so high in the end (paid just under 3k to fly him London to Toronto), the price went up 1k the week he was flying because British airways decided to increase their pallet loading charge in light of the Covid financial hit! I’d like to think they’ll reduce this once we’re the other side of the pandemic but who knows!

I’d definitely recommend arranging to fly your pet yourself if you plan to be on the same flight (this is a requirement definitely for Air Canada and air transat as I spoke to both of them when we were planning). If you plan for your pet to follow you then you’ll need to use an agent. We had intended to fly our dog out with Air Canada with my mum when she came to visit and it would have cost a couple of hundred dollars to put him on the flight compared to the thousands of pounds it did but we had to change plans due to Covid restrictions.

Don’t forget to factor in the customs taxes when they land too, that totalled around $100 before they’d release him.