Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Personal Pensions

Personal Pensions

Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

peter-g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Personal Pensions

Can anyone advise what is the best thing to do with my personal pensions, we are looking to move out to the Toronto area next July, our passports are away getting visa's as I type, cant wait .
Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Pensions

Originally Posted by peter-g
Can anyone advise what is the best thing to do with my personal pensions, we are looking to move out to the Toronto area next July, our passports are away getting visa's as I type, cant wait .
Leave them where they are or tansfer them into a qualifying RRSP in Canada. There are loads of threads discussing the pros and cons of each. A search will turn them up.

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Oct 10th 2009 at 4:43 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

we have been here 3 years and have just started the process of moving them over , we have a finacial advisor doing it. I wrote to the pensions company who sent the required forms , we have sent the first lot back with notorised proof etc and they have sent the next wave of paperwork.

ours have to go into either a rsp or any other certified pension plan.

they have said it may take a couple of months as they will not move it until they get the certificates for the plans.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peter-g

Hi Peter g

As Almost Canadian has said, there are a couple of options available to you.

Once you have arrived in Canada and decided definately this is the place you want to stay, then you can go through the process of moving them here like dentaltech has done.

Good luck with the move