Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

People who write Landing\Arrival stories

Wikiposts

People who write Landing\Arrival stories

Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light
Default People who write Landing\Arrival stories

Hi all

Just wanted to post a few words on the above really.

Our situation is probably like many others right now, lets say indeterminate due to the current financial\housing markets and our hopes of hitting the July 2009 deadline we set ourlelves at the start of this process are looking to say the least, a bit grim.

So along come those posters who have managed to somehow achieve all their dreams and desires and against all the odds right now have managed to succeed in getting over to Canada.

These landing and arrival stories are heartfelt and fabulous. I have just read the latest from 'GibsonsLanding' and I feel like I have been injected with some kind of new fangled positivity drug.

For me hearing about all the trials and tribulations of others who have succeeeded in creating a new life for themsleves is truly inspiring.

I know that this is kind of a pointless little post but please..... keep these posts coming. We all need the hope that they provide.

Cheers for listening...
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:40 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People who write Landing\Arrival stories

I have to agree, these stories are very uplifting and positive They make me feel it can all work out if we just can get a break with the house sale..
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:05 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

I absolutely agree!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Hi all

Our situation is probably like many others right now, lets say indeterminate due to the current financial\housing markets and our hopes of hitting the July 2009 deadline we set ourlelves at the start of this process are looking to say the least, a bit grim.

So along come those posters who have managed to somehow achieve all their dreams and desires and against all the odds right now have managed to succeed in getting over to Canada.

These landing and arrival stories are heartfelt and fabulous. I have just read the latest from 'GibsonsLanding' and I feel like I have been injected with some kind of new fangled positivity drug.

For me hearing about all the trials and tribulations of others who have succeeeded in creating a new life for themsleves is truly inspiring.

I know that this is kind of a pointless little post but please..... keep these posts coming. We all need the hope that they provide.

Cheers for listening...
i dont think youre post is useless--i think its fab and as you so rightly say, so is gibsonslandings; i cried when i read it (just a teeny bit though).. boohoo

yeah yeah, its what we need........ inspiration, especially at a time like this!!

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE

urgh, hate this wait!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:25 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more, and we haven't even started the visa process yet.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:48 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye.
Couldn't agree more, and we haven't even started the visa process yet.
Neither have we but, as said already, when you read about how others have achieved it, it really does help keep you focused and believe it can be done.

Good luck to all waiting for a house sale. Top tip that seemed to work for us in the last few weeks - tell your estate agent if they don't sell the house within x number of weeks, you are not going to bother selling it at all, and when they then ask you to reduce your price, agree to a small reduction but ask them what extra they are going to do to sell your house.

When I did this, our agent had our house featured big time in the local house paper twice in 4 weeks and paid to have the details on Rightmove highlighted. We had loads of new viewers, 3 offers and had sold (STC of course) in 6 weeks £3,000 below asking price. I know it's not guaranteed for everyone and it's early days yet but hey ho what have you got to lose. I already tried feng shui - it didn't work .

Sorry, I seemed to have hijacked a thread. I'll go now.

Rubie

x
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:44 am
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Hi all

Cheers for listening...
Hi, I would love to read the gibsonslanding thread, do you have it? Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:53 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubie
Neither have we but, as said already, when you read about how others have achieved it, it really does help keep you focused and believe it can be done.

Good luck to all waiting for a house sale. Top tip that seemed to work for us in the last few weeks - tell your estate agent if they don't sell the house within x number of weeks, you are not going to bother selling it at all, and when they then ask you to reduce your price, agree to a small reduction but ask them what extra they are going to do to sell your house.

When I did this, our agent had our house featured big time in the local house paper twice in 4 weeks and paid to have the details on Rightmove highlighted. We had loads of new viewers, 3 offers and had sold (STC of course) in 6 weeks £3,000 below asking price. I know it's not guaranteed for everyone and it's early days yet but hey ho what have you got to lose. I already tried feng shui - it didn't work .

Sorry, I seemed to have hijacked a thread. I'll go now.

Rubie

x
Good advice Rubie, I'll remember that when the time comes for us to sell the house, thanks
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:56 am
Future Albertan

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591297

link to Gibsonslanding thread
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:01 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaye.
Hi,

On the same theme, for those who have teens, our four kids wrote diaries of their early experience when arriving here in Canada. Might be worth a read.

http://www.relocation2bc.com/teendiaries.htm

The kids are all grown up now and very Canadian. Youngest is graduating this year. My newsletter and blog have the latest updates from time to time as I can no longer persuade them to write anything for me.

Warmly,

Frank
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank'n Sense
Hi,

On the same theme, for those who have teens, our four kids wrote diaries of their early experience when arriving here in Canada. Might be worth a read.

http://www.relocation2bc.com/teendiaries.htm

The kids are all grown up now and very Canadian. Youngest is graduating this year. My newsletter and blog have the latest updates from time to time as I can no longer persuade them to write anything for me.

Warmly,

Frank
And Jaspers blog has helped my two fur babies to settle especially as my Barney is almost certainly a distant relative of Jasper could even be his brother!!

Last edited by chumley; Feb 16th 2009 at 6:36 am.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:02 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

and we have just bought a house
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:24 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Congratulations.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:26 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Lovely Carrie, Congratulations

We will need pics when you have a minute