Passport Renewal Payment Timescale

Wikiposts

Passport Renewal Payment Timescale

Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

vickiemma is on a distinguished road
Default Passport Renewal Payment Timescale

Hi There,

My husband sent off all the required documents for a passport renewal to Washington 2 weeks ago and still no payment has been charged to his credit card. Does anyone know how long this usually takes and how long after payment he can expect his new passport. The official time is 4 weeks from paqyment being taken, but there is no info on how long it takes for payment to be taken.

Thanks
Old Feb 29th 2012, 3:46 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Renewal Payment Timescale

Originally Posted by vickiemma
Hi There,

My husband sent off all the required documents for a passport renewal to Washington 2 weeks ago and still no payment has been charged to his credit card. Does anyone know how long this usually takes and how long after payment he can expect his new passport. The official time is 4 weeks from paqyment being taken, but there is no info on how long it takes for payment to be taken.

Thanks
Hi - I sent our off registered last week and still don't know if they've reached Washington I'd be interested to know how you get on if you don't mind posting. It'll make me feel less alone lol
Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hi - I sent our off registered last week and still don't know if they've reached Washington I'd be interested to know how you get on if you don't mind posting. It'll make me feel less alone lol
I sent my sons renewal on 28 Jan, arrived in Washington 6 Feb. and money taken Feb 15 but nothing received since then.
HTH
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

My time line was as follows -
Arrived in Washington DC - 23rd Jan
CC Charged - Jan 31st
Supporting docs arrived back to me - 16th Feb
Passport arrived - 23rd Feb

HTH.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

vickiemma is on a distinguished road

Hey,

So the money came off my husbands account today.
Documents Sent 15 February
Arrived Washington 22 February
Money Taken 02 March

I suppose since the money has been taken it means the forms were completed correctly. Hopefully we should see the passpor within a few weeks.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

I received back the old passport yesterday so just over 2 weeks after the money was taken. Hopefully the new passport in the next week.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:11 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallperson
I received back the old passport yesterday so just over 2 weeks after the money was taken. Hopefully the new passport in the next week.
I didn't realise they would return the old passports. Anyone used these to go to the US? I know when we travel it says you have to have 6 months left on your passport.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickiemma
Hey,

I suppose since the money has been taken it means the forms were completed correctly. Hopefully we should see the passpor within a few weeks.
Likely so. But they take the money as soon as they get around to opening the envelope. No guarantee.

Originally Posted by tallperson
This was also my recent experience. After nothing happening for about three weeks (over Christmas/New Year), money taken, old passports returned 10 days later, new ones received via courier from London a week after that.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

And today the new passport arrived from UK by DHL so total time wihtout a passport was 5 weeks and 2 days.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 12:42 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

My new passports arrive by DHL yesterday April 3, my old passports arrived by DHL today

Never mind we have them, I think about 5 weeks in total.