Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Passport Renewal

Passport Renewal

Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Renewal

HEY,

NO IT'S NOT, first you will be polite to me, ok, otherwise, I will report you.

Secondly it is common sense do not hijack ANYONES thread, you want a thread , start one yourself

Have I made myself VERY CLEAR, read the site rules

and NO, I DON'T HAVE TO GET USED TO ANYTHING, IS THAT CLEAR
IF YOU CAN NOT TAKE SOMEONE POLITELY TO NOT HIJACK THEIR THREAD,
ESPECIALLY AS IT WAS AIMED AT THE PERSON WHO HIJACKED MY THREAD
YOU GO TAKE IT UP WITH A MOD
OK

AND THE PERSON WHO HIJACKED MY THREAD DOES NOT NEED YOU FIGHTING THEIR BATTLES

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Its up to a mod to do that!!!

also that’s happened to my threads plenty of times when someone has gone off topic - get used to it!

Last edited by adrianj; Feb 16th 2020 at 4:13 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:12 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adrianj
HEY,

Secondly it is common sense do not hijack ANYONES thread, you want a thread , start one yourself

I didn’t hijack your thread! I have my own thread related to passport concerns.

go ahead and report me - I’ve said nothing nasty about you, haven’t called you any names and even tried to help you on here!

I will not be assisting you again

goodbye

Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

and as I was going to post before I was rudely interrupted.

I got the stats back from CanPost, it gets shipped and also tracked by, ParcelForce

feb 12 14:02 processed CanPost
feb 14 14:03 arrived Coventry

International item is in transit to the delivery office.
COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, United Kingdom

Estimated date of arrival at the post office
19 Feb 2020 - 23 Feb 2020, 4 - 8 days remaining

The forecast is not 100% certain, and is based on 22 packages delivered in the last 60 days
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I didn’t hijack your thread! I have my own thread related to passport concerns.

go ahead and report me - I’ve said nothing nasty about you, haven’t called you any names and even tried to help you on here!

I will not be assisting you again

goodbye
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

HEY,

and NO, I DON'T HAVE TO GET USED TO ANYTHING, IS THAT CLEAR
IF YOU CAN NOT TAKE SOMEONE POLITELY TO NOT HIJACK THEIR THREAD,
YOU GO TAKE IT UP WITH A MOD
OK

It doesn't work that way I'm afraid. BE is a public forum, so anybody is welcome to post on any thread, as long as it's within site rules. Thread drift is perfectly normal, if you don't want to receive notifications for a thread you can just turn them off.

Please just chill, be polite, and remember that typing in all caps is considering 'shouting' on the net.
Old Feb 17th 2020, 5:17 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

*cough* One presumes you consider me to be the "Hijacker", correct? If so then you might want to learn how to use the quote feature, and quote my post when you're asking for someone to stop hijacking, thus the message gets aimed at the correct person, and not beckiwoo, unless you're suggesting we're both hijacking the thread, in which case, multi-quote the post.

Sure, I just jumped on "your" thread as it was the first passport renewal one I saw, and I too had a question about passport renewal, as I noticed mine is due very soon.
I'm typically of the opinion that having multiple threads about the same topic is somewhat wasteful, and so if you can jump on a similar thread then that's good.

Last edited by sharkus; Feb 17th 2020 at 5:26 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2020, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
They appear to get relatively good reviews
https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/dxd...y.com?page=125
It looks like the use DX for delivery within the UK & ROI. International deliveries, or at least ones like mine to Canada, appear to be handled by DHL. I've heard of them, and my new passport should be here in two days...
Old Feb 19th 2020, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update to close my story out - DHL delivered my passport yesterday, a day earlier than estimated. So, from HMPO signing for the delivery of my old passport (Monday 10th Feb) to me having my new passport in my hand.. 9 days inclusive.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 3:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Quick update to close my story out - DHL delivered my passport yesterday, a day earlier than estimated. So, from HMPO signing for the delivery of my old passport (Monday 10th Feb) to me having my new passport in my hand.. 9 days inclusive.
Thanks for updating.