Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Partner job in Canada / what about me? Film and tv post production.

Partner job in Canada / what about me? Film and tv post production.

Old Jun 14th 2021, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

BruceBaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner job in Canada / what about me? Film and tv post production.

Hello

We are a young couple looking to move/weighing up Canada for 10 months from UK with fiancé’s company. She has been offered a great temporary role. Fiancé’s company will sort visas for both of us.

I currently have my own business/self employed and freelance as a video editor/colour grading. Can I continue working for my uk clients while in Canada to keep my uk business going? We will be looking to buy house in UK when we return so need to keep company books looking healthy.

If I got a job in Canada could I somehow prove that I’ve had this to help getting a mortgage upon return? Can I put any freelance work I do in Canada through my uk business account?

Trying to work out best options. Also anyone got any links/good ways to break into film and tv freelance post production world?

Thank you

Old Jun 14th 2021, 4:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner job in Canada / what about me? Film and tv post production.

Originally Posted by BruceBaker
Hello

We are a young couple looking to move/weighing up Canada for 10 months from UK with fiancé’s company. She has been offered a great temporary role. Fiancé’s company will sort visas for both of us.

I currently have my own business/self employed and freelance as a video editor/colour grading. Can I continue working for my uk clients while in Canada to keep my uk business going? We will be looking to buy house in UK when we return so need to keep company books looking healthy.

If I got a job in Canada could I somehow prove that I’ve had this to help getting a mortgage upon return? Can I put any freelance work I do in Canada through my uk business account?

Trying to work out best options. Also anyone got any links/good ways to break into film and tv freelance post production world?

Thank you
Have you lived together 'as if married' for a minimum of 12 consecutive months - considered common law partners under Canada Immigration regulations? If not then you wouldn't be able to get a work permit (it's not a visa) on the back of your fiance's.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...num=199&top=17

If you have UK clients that you can work for remotely, you won't need to have a work permit.. (you will need a work permit to work for Canadian clients / companies).
Old Jun 14th 2021, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

BruceBaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner job in Canada / what about me? Film and tv post production.

Yes we have lived together for 8 years