Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Partition on Frozen UK Pensions

Wikiposts

Partition on Frozen UK Pensions

Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partition on Frozen UK Pensions

THe petition is at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Canadian/
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:14 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partition on Frozen UK Pensions

Is this a new one or the same as the one that got responded to earlier this year?

You signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to "remove the discrimination against British State pensioners who retire in certain overseas countries."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and you can view it here:

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page14125.asp

Prime Minister's Office

Petition information - http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/unfreezepensions/

If you would like to opt out of receiving further mail on this or any other petitions you signed, please email [email protected]

Pointless if ask me.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:26 am
Just Joined

BWelford will become famous soon enough

It's a new one. It's running till June 11 and so far has 86 signatures. You can only have one at any time on a given subject. I didn't start this one but I and others are spreading the word any way we can. You should too.

I think we all should ensure that there is always a petition running and that each one gets as many signatures as possible. Each one must receive a reply and it will be interesting to see whether the replies change. Until we win, we should keep up the pressure in any way we can. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Do it today!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:38 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Just a waste of time, mine and the governments. They made it quite clear last time that they dont give a shit.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Just a waste of time, mine and the governments. They made it quite clear last time that they dont give a shit.
I am afraid I have to agree....they don't! Why should they, theres nothing in it for them.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This topic is as exciting and new as "can I get Marmite in Canada". Isn't it about time the complainants dropped dead?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:55 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I blame the immigrants.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
Isn't it about time the complainants dropped dead?
Unfortunately, dbd33, some of them do all the time. The abject neglect of such people is something the UK cannot be proud of. If you don't want to get involved, that's OK but please just let those of us who care do what we can.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:28 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BWelford
Unfortunately, dbd33, some of them do all the time. The abject neglect of such people is something the UK cannot be proud of. If you don't want to get involved, that's OK but please just let those of us who care do what we can.
Lots of people outside the UK die. The government of the UK is primarily concerned with people that live there. There are more deserving causes than people living in rich countries like Canada getting slightly less money than people in a rich country like the UK.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:37 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

I didnt realise we were stoping you

To be fair "abject neglect" would mean NO pension at all wouldnt it?

I dont mean to be rude, you are a new poster here, and this was all done to death the last time it came up, and the time before that, and the time before that.....
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum as it says at the top.

Until the UK Government does something, then the discussion isn't over. Politicians respond to public pressure. The person who started this thread presumably wanted visibility on this new petition. I agreed with him. If others think we're wasting our time, that's their right. Peace.

Last edited by BWelford; Apr 22nd 2008 at 9:18 am. Reason: adding signature
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:53 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum as it says at the top.
It also says in the excellent wiki for newcomers that is linked to in the sticky post for newbies
The forum's search feature is very useful for finding previous discussion threads about a given topic
The UK government already DID do something...it just wasnt what we expats in the frozen out countries wanted them to do.

Some lackey sat down and took the time to pen a wonderfully dismissive reply to the last petition and everything, and if I was a betting man I would say exactly the same thing will happen this time too. Let us know when it does eh

Last edited by iaink; Apr 22nd 2008 at 8:57 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
Some lackey sat down and took the time to pen a wonderfully dismissive reply to the last petition and everything, and if I was a betting man I would say exactly the same thing will happen this time too. Let us know when it does eh
Thanks for the invitation, iaink. I certainly will.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:38 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

................................................ Politicians respond to public pressure......................
This is the main flaw in your plan........its basicly incorrect

Politicians respond to voter pressure
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Petition on Frozen UK Pensions

As it happens, Brian Havard, an 82 year-old WWII Veteran who receives only 52% of his pension entitlement, is writing in the Mature Times today. He titles his article, "Promises, promises ... the politicians who don't deliver on our overseas pensions". I guess some will say he's wasting his time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.