Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Outdoor leisure toys in Canada !!!

Wikiposts

Outdoor leisure toys in Canada !!!

Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:46 am
squarepants

Default Outdoor leisure toys in Canada !!!

Every canadian wants to own a boat it seems, and me as an immigrant, will like to get in on this, have told the mrs that if it means we have to eat bread all year, so be it, she likes the idea

This is the one we are looking at, not bad at 30k canadian, :

http://www.quinnsmarina.ca/usedseadoo/usedseadoo1.htm

Checkout this bad boys, one can dream eh? click on the images to zoom in

http://www.boats.com/listing/gallery...ityid%3D325050

http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~jsdesign/power.htm

A new seadoo is about $10-15kk, but here is a second hand one for sale. Built by the same folks that built the DLR ( docklands light railway ), Bombadier !

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-54436.html

http://usa.motoseller.com/c/sys.php?a=15&b=13624

http://www.canadatrader.com/watercra...3/details.html

http://www.quinnsmarina.ca/usedseadoo/usedseadoo9.htm

http://www.quinnsmarina.ca/usedseadoo/usedseadoo4.htm

http://www.makinwaves.ca/Sauble/seadoo.html

Last edited by squarepants; Sep 5th 2004 at 12:22 pm.

Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:44 am
squarepants

Default Re: Outdoor leisure toys in Canada !!!

And as winter is coming along, it will be time switch to the winter activities, like skiing, snow-boarding, and the kids love the snow, to make their snow person

Am sure most folks are looking forward to all this as new arrivals, but it can get very cold, all your fingers going numb, and your ear lobes frozen up. :scared:

Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:51 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by squarepants
all your fingers going numb, and your ear lobes frozen up. :scared:
First items to buy when you get off the plane - snowboots, decent gloves and a supply of toques - make sure everything is rated as cold as you can get it.

And .... no matter what anybody says, don't lick anything metal when it's well below zero.

Old Sep 12th 2004, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
And .... no matter what anybody says, don't lick anything metal when it's well below zero.
From Ferguson & Ferguson: How to be a canadian

Population

There are 30,000,000 people in Canada - all of whom have, at some point, frozen their tongues to the side of a chainlink fence or flagpole. Even though their mothers (or Glaswegian) told them not to. Indeed, at any given time of the year, it is winter somewhere in Canada and someone, somewhere, is stuck to a flagpole. "Hap me, hap me. Tumbuddy, pwease hap me."

Average I.Q.

See above.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Have you thought about getting a sailboat? One of the costs people often forget about with boating is gas, I do a reasonable amount of sailing with my wife's family who are all boating types. Her Grandpa used to have a powerboat and if you get one of a reasonable size that you can sleep on and have other people on, rather than just a small motorboat, then you can be paying hundreds of dollars in gas just to get anywhere. Where as if you sail it's all free, barring the occasions you have to use power. The boats can be pretty reasonable it's just all the extras that add to the cost. Then you have to see if you have space to store the boat, if it is smaller, on your property and have a big enough truck to tow it places or will you have to pay a marina fee etc. Also don't forget to get your licence and things.

There are so many lakes on Ontario that boating is a pretty good summer passtime. Like the other poster said though it's not a winter passtime to it will be gorunded until next summer.

Drew
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:21 am
squarepants

You don't see many folks on the 401 dragging their sail boats with their trucks, its all power boats, because that is the in-thing now. We were at wasaga beach and Barrie yesterday, and they had a power boat competition going on there, it was alot of fun, seeing all the boats, and the guys from "the real fishing show" there.

If you buy a power boat that seats 7 ( 5 at the back, 2 in front ), you can then rent it out when you are not using it, and make some money on it. We are looking at it from an investment point of view, we are talking about the ones made by the company ( SEADOO ), not some monstrous thing, just an average size boat, that even a caravan van can drag.

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Outdoor leisure toys in Canada !!!

Originally Posted by Toontje
From Ferguson & Ferguson: How to be a canadian

Population

There are 30,000,000 people in Canada - all of whom have, at some point, frozen their tongues to the side of a chainlink fence or flagpole. Even though their mothers (or Glaswegian) told them not to. Indeed, at any given time of the year, it is winter somewhere in Canada and someone, somewhere, is stuck to a flagpole. "Hap me, hap me. Tumbuddy, pwease hap me."

Average I.Q.

See above.
I did that as a kid in Winnipeg - reason because my parents told me "not too" because of what would happen.....and I just wanted to check it out for myself.....from what I remember there was alot of very warm water to try to get my tongue lose - it weas really painful!!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:30 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
I did that as a kid in Winnipeg - reason because my parents told me "not too" because of what would happen.....and I just wanted to check it out for myself.....from what I remember there was alot of very warm water to try to get my tongue lose - it weas really painful!!!!!
I can imagine .... my kids haven't done it yet, hopefully they won't.

The dumb thing they have taken to doing is eating the "snow" from ice rinks .... have you EVER seen what hockey players do during a game??

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:34 am
squarepants

Not interested in hOCKEY, and I hope they get locked out Girls running around on ice, what's that all about?

have you EVER seen what hockey players do during a game??

Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can imagine .... my kids haven't done it yet, hopefully they won't.

The dumb thing they have taken to doing is eating the "snow" from ice rinks .... have you EVER seen what hockey players do during a game??
Well, actually no I haven't and I'm almost afraid to ask.....how gross is it.....my husband takes my little guy to play hockey with other dads and his little friends. I go from time to time but really and truly hate the cold.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:59 pm
Glaswegian

Not interested in hOCKEY, and I hope they get locked out Girls running around on ice, what's that all about?
Let me guess, are you into the girliest of girlie sports, soccer??

Or the high speed adrenaline pumping masculine sport of ... cricket??

If there's an NHL lockout, I'll just go back to watching the WHL

Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Let me guess, are you into the girliest of girlie sports, soccer??

Or the high speed adrenaline pumping masculine sport of ... cricket??

If there's an NHL lockout, I'll just go back to watching the WHL
So...are you going to leave us in suspense....or tell us what they do with the snow?

You only have tomorrow at 4pm to watch the last Word Hockey Championship game - 4pm PDT on CBC - Canada/Finland - should be a good game!!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:16 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
So...are you going to leave us in suspense....or tell us what they do with the snow?
Didn't I say already? My kids eat it ... bear in mind the amount of gob that gets spat all over the ice ... those figure skaters are a rowdy lot.

I need to make time to watch it ... depends if any of my client's systems crash and burn tomorrow afternoon.

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:07 am
squarepants

A lot of that happened as a matter of fact today at work, with clients using the old DELL LATITUDE NOTEBOOKs, and now that they have provided us with a BLACKBERRY 7280 ( perks of the job ) to carry around with us, they can now just bug us when anything little happens to their PCs, and we have to run between floors, all 21 of them

I need to make time to watch it ... depends if any of my client's systems crash and burn tomorrow afternoon.

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A lot of that happened as a matter of fact today at work, with clients using the old DELL LATITUDE NOTEBOOKs, and now that they have provided us with a BLACKBERRY 7280 ( perks of the job ) to carry around with us, they can now just bug us when anything little happens to their PCs, and we have to run between floors, all 21 of them
Now if all your clients were on MACs' the problem would be solved......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.