Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our last few weeks in the uk....

Wikiposts

Our last few weeks in the uk....

Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:08 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Our last few weeks in the uk....

Well thats it, house neally sold, just waiting for the bits to be signed.

All our family are crossing there fingers for us, neally sold all the big stuff and will be arriving with boxes.
Just over 1yr ago OH dragged me to canada to see what his then company wanted to move us too. (only took him 6yrs to get me there)
Sadly they hit bad times in ontario and our location changed.

We did all the leg work and thanks to one expat on here talked me into visiting a fantastic place, the kids are happy and so are we as a couple with the area that we are going too..
It hasnt been easy and plenty of friends that we have met on our journey togeather have gone, they are not happy with our move, but there loss.

We have a great friend base both here in the uk and in canada, i have spoke to many on here and some are more like family, we keep in contact daily and help each other out when things are hard.

Someone told me at the beginning to network, network and network some more, i really didnt get what they was saying, but i do now, although one of the employers we emailed for a job didnt have any positions, he has helped us so much with daily emails, local peeps that we met in girl guides, local rental company guy etc, plus an expat who talked me into the visit

I am a believer that stuff happens for a reason, more so now, last week we lost gran, although my OH gran we was close and she believed in telling it straight, lossing her has hit the whole family, but my friends have been there for me and kept me going

One thing that i have learnt in my journey is not to give up and go with my gut feelings, to talk to my OH when things go wrong and keep my wits about me.

Only time will tell if this will work out, but if we dont try, then ill never know.
Good luck to those at the beginning and my fingers are crossed for the signing of the house

Gill
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our last few weeks in the uk....

I cant believ that you are nearly here hun - fingers toes and everything else is crossed for you all for the coming weeks.

MY thoughts and prayers will be with you on Wednesday at the funeral

Get ya ass out here NOW !!!!!

Gaynor
x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:24 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Thanks gay for everthing that you have done for me and my gang

Just make sure you have those cushions ready

Gill
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Thanks gay for everthing that you have done for me and my gang

Just make sure you have those cushions ready

Gill
If you need the blow up beds for a time then give me a shout

Gay
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Hi MD,
We're in a similar scenario, waiting to exchange on the house in the UK while waiting for an LMO/TWP to come through.
Good luck with your big move, you'll do good!!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:29 pm

thanks steve

You too, we have the lmo that came in weeks, but this house selling would test a saint
We are busy doing memory books for the kids at the moment, so another day out today fo more pictures and storys to put in it
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Hi MD! We are in a similar position too. We're going through the motions of the house sold and waiting stuff. The people buying our house wanted all the big furniture too so we're taking boxes which arrive next week.... Just need the paperwork to hurry up and arrive now
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:44 pm

You would think that the paperwork would fly through, not like they are busy

Our buyers are off to kick butt this week as they want in ASAP, we have said we could be out with 24hrs notice, but there side told them that the survey hadnt been done, when it has, shame they dont relise that we keep in contact

All our stuff have names on them now, they are waiting for our final days and then doing a runner with our stuff, so we are lucky that we have beds to sleep on and settee etc etc
Just the other side, gay get those airbeds ready
Kids are really excited now, they know that they wont be going back to school in the uk, but as we havent sorted schools out we havent got a start date for there new schools, LONG school holiday for those me thinks
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:19 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

It hasnt been easy and plenty of friends that we have met on our journey togeather have gone, they are not happy with our move, but there loss.
I find it very sad, this seems to happen a lot. It has also happened with me and a few others I have spoke to. It's really sad that friends can't be happy for you.

All the best with the move
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:12 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
I find it very sad, this seems to happen a lot. It has also happened with me and a few others I have spoke to. It's really sad that friends can't be happy for you.

I think theres a slight bit of jealousy aswell. How dare you get up and try and improve your life when we're just moaning about. They're even more annoying if you move home. And when you move again... well.

They'll soon contact you when they want a holiday!

All the best!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush

Thanks, the way that i am looking at it is "quality counts"

I am lucky that my best friend is strong and has helped me no end, she is truthful, strong and tells me if i mess up
The people that i hate are the ones that back stab you when your back is turned and then you find out about it later on, it annoys me no end.

If they have a problem, then come and speak to me, if they dont then its there problem not mine, be open and honest, that is one thing that has got us where we are now

If they are jealous, dont be, this journey has been hard and we are not there yet, but i suppose my 1yr landed thread will be just as interesting

The emotions that we face have floored me at times, but my close friends have helped me and i know what they say has helped
Just wish i could have them at the airport etc, but the leaving do will be done days in advance for the kids
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:00 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, the way that i am looking at it is "quality counts"

I am lucky that my best friend is strong and has helped me no end, she is truthful, strong and tells me if i mess up
The people that i hate are the ones that back stab you when your back is turned and then you find out about it later on, it annoys me no end.

If they have a problem, then come and speak to me, if they dont then its there problem not mine, be open and honest, that is one thing that has got us where we are now

If they are jealous, dont be, this journey has been hard and we are not there yet, but i suppose my 1yr landed thread will be just as interesting

The emotions that we face have floored me at times, but my close friends have helped me and i know what they say has helped
Just wish i could have them at the airport etc, but the leaving do will be done days in advance for the kids
you have went through a rough time of it getting to this point and things will soon get better for you, you have been strong and stuck in there not giving up and soon all that stress will go and life will be so good again for you and your family. I will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow.dont worry about what other say or do back stabbing people are a part of life and are unhappy people,look to the future you will know who your true friends are and friends to come.
kate
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kate white
dont worry about what other say or do back stabbing people are a part of life and are unhappy people,look to the future you will know who your true friends are and friends to come.
kate
Exactly Kate

Lots of people who had stuff to say about us coming here and really hurt my feelings over the last 2 years have since had to eat their own s%^T - they were only jealous anyway
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:37 pm

thanks everyone

the next 24hrs will be the hardest, my eldest wants to goto the funeral, which we are allowing as we think she needs to do it, so i need to be there for her and my OH

This is the gran that kicked my butt if i had doubts about the move, she is the the one who was the straight talker and loads of respect for her, so losing her at this point has been hard for us, but it wont stop us

I know who my friends are now and the other people, well not worth the hassle
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know who my friends are now and the other people, well not worth the hassle
You live and learn babe