British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Our house if for sale! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/our-house-if-sale-526456/)

Mikelesley Apr 3rd 2008 7:04 am

Our house if for sale!

Is anyone moving back to UK and needing to buy a house - we are for sale now and just trying this as a point of marketing;) The house is in a lovely little village called Coniston on the outskirts of the East side of Hull. It is a big 4 bedroomed semi with a large garden and excellent views - can even see the humber bridge on a good day. Anyway worth a try isn't it!

G586 Apr 3rd 2008 10:12 am

Re: Our house if for sale!

Originally Posted by Mikelesley (Post 6151336)
Is anyone moving back to UK and needing to buy a house - we are for sale now and just trying this as a point of marketing;) The house is in a lovely little village called Coniston on the outskirts of the East side of Hull. It is a big 4 bedroomed semi with a large garden and excellent views - can even see the humber bridge on a good day. Anyway worth a try isn't it!

Stick it in the Classifed section with some pictures.....and put a link here.......best of luck!

If you read the Tones Guy thread on selling his house, there is a load of good advice and he also put his place on Ebay!

G77 Apr 3rd 2008 11:58 am

Do you know which thread that is with the advice? Would like to have a read...

Putting ours up for sale next week and getting increasingly worried about the daily news stories about the UK housing market :(

G586 Apr 3rd 2008 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by G77 (Post 6152600)
Do you know which thread that is with the advice? Would like to have a read...

Putting ours up for sale next week and getting increasingly worried about the daily news stories about the UK housing market :(

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504678

Here you go.........some of it is specific to the house in question.......but it's worth a skip through................

Yes, the coverage is getting quite scary but if it is any help I bought a house in the UK and completed last week so at least one person managed to sell and she bought another house so there are still people moving. I think it's jsut a case of not being over-optimistic about pricing. The difference now is that people will not be able to stretch to an optimistic valuation as there is not the surplus of lenders willing to finance that and they are all being cautious now with their valuations and Loan to Value stats.

NovaBoy Apr 3rd 2008 12:36 pm

Never coming back - but good luck with the house sale!

:thumbsup:

purple80 Apr 3rd 2008 12:51 pm

Yep, anything is worth a go, good luck with the house sale, ours has been on the market for a month with 1 viewing..... I blame the media with all their doom and gloom.

:thumbsup:Charlie:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by NovaBoy (Post 6152764)
Never coming back - but good luck with the house sale!

Hi Novaboy,
How are things with you and B??

:wub:Charlie:wub:

destinationnovascotia Apr 3rd 2008 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 6152823)
I blame the media with all their doom and gloom.
:thumbsup:Charlie:thumbsup:

That is just so true. Don't the press just make it sound worse than it is?

People panic, so it gets worse. A self fulfilling prophecy.

AmyDavid Apr 3rd 2008 1:42 pm

NO - Don't buy his house....buy mine instead! Mine is down South in West Sussex where it is warmer....!!

NovaBoy Apr 3rd 2008 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 6152823)
[COLOR="Indigo"]

Hi Novaboy,
How are things with you and B??

:wub:Charlie:wub:

Things are really great with me & B - will pm you!

Take care.

xx