Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ottawa transport early in the morning

Ottawa transport early in the morning

Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ottawa transport early in the morning

Originally Posted by dbd33
<drops Pride, runs>
I knew you would be impressed. Seriously, though the cinquante a la pression there does stand out as most of the other beers actually have taste.

I asked the bartender once who ordered it and his response was 'a bunch of old guys who walk from the seniors home and want a beer they are familiar with'.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Husband will be interested in a good beer!
Here is another

Pub Italia - Beer Bible
Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:31 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Here is another

Pub Italia - Beer Bible
Even I've been to that one.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Just reporting back: had a great time in Ottawa and Gatineau.

Got a taxi from the airport and taxis to the conference each day (using Blueline), we walked back each day.

Saturday we had at leisure. We did one of those hop on hop off bus things as a group booking with others who'd been at the conference. It was a great way to see a lot in a limited time.

The Mosaic garden: that was the last weekend it was open. I was able to see some of the amazing structures from the bus. Husband went back later but the queues were huge.

WestJet cancelled one of our flights back on the Sunday. This meant we were rerouted via Toronto in a turbo prop with gale force winds. Anyone who knows me knows how terrified I am of flying but it actually wasn't too bad except the descent.

The steward warned me on the Toronto/Vancouver leg that it would be bumpy going up because of the winds so the seat belt sign was on for ages. The rest of the flight was okay. Steward offered me a free drink but I don't drink so I toughed it out.

Thanks to everyone on this thread.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Just reporting back: had a great time in Ottawa and Gatineau.

Got a taxi from the airport and taxis to the conference each day (using Blueline), we walked back from Gatineau in the evening.

Saturday we had at leisure. We did one of those hop on hop off bus things as a group booking with others who'd been at the conference. It was a great way to see a lot in a limited time.

The Mosaic garden: that was the last weekend it was open. I was able to see some of the amazing structures from the bus. Husband went back later but the queues were huge.

WestJet cancelled one of our flights back on the Sunday. This meant we were rerouted via Toronto in a turbo prop with gale force winds. Anyone who knows me knows how terrified I am of flying but it actually wasn't too bad except the descent.

The steward warned me on the Toronto/Vancouver leg that it would be bumpy going up because of the winds so the seat belt sign was on for ages. The rest of the flight was okay. Steward offered me a free drink but I don't drink so I toughed it out.

Thanks to everyone on this thread.