Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ottawa transport early in the morning

Ottawa transport early in the morning

Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ottawa transport early in the morning

Hello, to those of you who live in Ottawa: I am staying in Ottawa near Byward Market for a few days this week (somewhere I have stayed before). I have to be in Gatineau early the next morning after I arrive for a conference. I thought the best way to get to Gatineau for about 7.15 am would be to get a taxi.

If I am correct, how much time should I leave and who should I call for a taxi?

Thank you!

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 8th 2017 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:39 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ottawa transport early in the morning

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Hello, to those of you who live in Ottawa: I am staying in Ottawa near the Rideau Centre for a few days this week (somewhere I have stayed before). I have to be in Gatineau early the next morning after I arrive for a conference. I thought the best way to get to Gatineau for about 7.15 am would be to get a taxi.

Thank you!
You can get a taxi from any of the downtown hotels. Nearest to Rideau Centre is the Westin hotel. If the destination is just the other side of the river in Hull then it's a 20-min walk across the bridge if it's sunny. Otherwise there's the # 44 bus from downtown. Depends exactly where the destination is.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Very helpful. I think it's just the other side of the river.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Very helpful. I think it's just the other side of the river.
Jeez.... walk it, it is no distance and a nice walk!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Normally I would do and plan to on the second day. Have to get to palais des Congres.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

You must carve out some time to visit Mosaicanada. In the park next to the bridge - absolutely amazing what they do with plants!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Definitely! We are taking a couple of extra days at leisure!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:06 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I would do and plan to on the second day. Have to get to palais des Congres.
Palais des congrès is in Hull. Walk across the Alexandra Bridge (big metal old railway type bridge) then turn left and keep walking. Else # 44 bus and get off at stop Laurier/Courcelette. Perhaps taxi for the first day though. Check it out on Google maps.

Last edited by pdarwin; Oct 8th 2017 at 8:53 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, to those of you who live in Ottawa: I am staying in Ottawa near Byward Market for a few days this week (somewhere I have stayed before). I have to be in Gatineau early the next morning after I arrive for a conference. I thought the best way to get to Gatineau for about 7.15 am would be to get a taxi.

Thank you!
I don't think that Uber can go from Ottawa to Gatineau. Agree with others..it is a nice walk if the weather is ok. Mosaic is wonderful but I think it may shut down after Thanksgiving.

Hope you enjoy your trip. There are STO buses that cross the bridge and go in front of Parliament Hill that go back to Gatineau..sorry no idea which route #'s go where.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone! I'll report back. I didn't want to stay in the suggested Gatineau hotel as we'd stayed at this Airbnb in Ottawa before and I'm not keen on hotels.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! I'll report back. I didn't want to stay in the suggested Gatineau hotel as we'd stayed at this Airbnb in Ottawa before and I'm not keen on hotels.
If you or any of your travel partners like beer this place has great beer and the food is quite good.

</title> <script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyDl8vCitP09WQoccuJS4ES2fqT8jvwiP3Y" type="text/javascript"> </script> <script> function showCD(str) { if (str=="") { document.getElementById("txtHint").innerHTML=""; return; } if (

or if you want to go to a pub 'where everybody knows your name' this place can't be beat (may need to cab it there and back).

quinnsalehouse friendly crowd, very small, great beers available (burgers are amazing) and they even have labatts 50 on draught.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the recommendations!

I've got to speak at the conference so I don't want to get tired and stressed with a long walk the first morning after flying in the night before, time difference etc. For the other days, the pressure will be off.

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 8th 2017 at 11:36 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded re. BdT - it's a great spot.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Husband will be interested in a good beer!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
and they even have labatts 50 on draught.
<drops Pride, runs>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.