Ottawa

Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ottawa

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Sean is just trying to wind me up, dkcan. The Norwegian community in Ottawa consists more or less of myself and a woman at IKEA.
Yeah but when the two of them get together . . . . there's TROUBLE!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:42 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Sean is just trying to wind me up, dkcan. The Norwegian community in Ottawa consists more or less of myself and a woman at IKEA.
Okay, but where do you want us to send ten thousand gallons of maple syrup? Just give us your address.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:23 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

1 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A1.

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Okay, but where do you want us to send ten thousand gallons of maple syrup? Just give us your address.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:24 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Yeah, we talk loudly in a foreign language, and laugh out loud. Big time trouble!

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
Yeah but when the two of them get together . . . . there's TROUBLE!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:08 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

1 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A1.

No, our Governor General is sweet enough now.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Are residents of Ottawa known as Ottawan? Or is that a disco group from the 70's?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andy_Jen
In the end we left and moved to Barrie. It's much smaller (125,000 pop.) but feels much more welcoming and the locals are very friendly. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with Ottawa ... it just didn't suit us in the end.
We have been looking at Barrie, got our 90 day letter last week, so will be over soon, making another trip to identify ideal areas. I need to be an hour or so drive from Toronto, but will be working from home most of the time, therefore Barrie seemed an ideal location. Don't suppose you know any realtors there, and could maybe point me towards some useful websites for schools. PM me if you can help. Much appreciate it.

Chris
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud ofAndy_Jen has much to be proud of

I've sent you a PM.

Jen
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

Good News

No cases of hypothermia or frostbite in Ottawa this year . . . . last year there were 21.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

21 last year eh? Good thing I got thermal underwear for Christmas then

It just snowed here in London and almost brought the place to a standstill, I guess people in Ottawa are better prepared?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Seeing as you're a fan of "Soccerball":-

http://www.georgetownpub.ca/

Footie pub of Ottawa . . . . had a great time there during the FA Cup, until three minutes from the end.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:57 am

You'll appreciate your longjohns when it's -30 and you're going to be outside for any longer than two minutes. I walk 40 minutes to get to work, but layers of wool under a windproof shell, good boots and mittens and a windproof balaclava on top, makes it easypeasy. The worst part is the extra time it takes to get dressed.

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
21 last year eh? Good thing I got thermal underwear for Christmas then

It just snowed here in London and almost brought the place to a standstill, I guess people in Ottawa are better prepared?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
Seeing as you're a fan of "Soccerball":-

http://www.georgetownpub.ca/

Footie pub of Ottawa . . . . had a great time there during the FA Cup, until three minutes from the end.

Pub looks good, nicer then some of the fleapits in London, most of the proper pubs seem to be closing where I live.

Yes must have been tough, even I was rooting for the Hammers in that game
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:57 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Ottawa

Actually, aside from this deep freeze week, Ottawa is a very nice place.
Also your job opportunity will increase tremendously if you can speak Quebec French.

What was I thinking....I could have stayed down in Texas for warmer weather.
I haven't found a nice girlfriend yet so I couldn't upgrade Ottawa to a wonderful place.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

You'll appreciate your longjohns when it's -30 and you're going to be outside for any longer than two minutes. I walk 40 minutes to get to work, but layers of wool under a windproof shell, good boots and mittens and a windproof balaclava on top, makes it easypeasy. The worst part is the extra time it takes to get dressed.
Hey Wannabe, how was your 40 minute walk today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.