Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

Old May 20th 2008, 10:47 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

and me cheers hun x
Old May 20th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Ive sent PMS for those who asked. Hope this helps. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
(they also touched on beard trimming, and eyebrow trimming)you dont have to be licenced for beautition work, which sucks, I think.
good luck to all, and dont worry.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

sensualspirit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Congratulations on passing your exam

I just moved to Kingsville from Windsor & then from Brampton, & while I'm still on the prowl for my next dream hairdresser (I'm very picky, just tried one & he did an okay job, but I don't think I'll be going back), my son needs one & I see you are right here.

Gotta love MBs that show posts from people within your own city LOL I see there's only one other hairdresser that shows up in Kingsville, Ontario - http://bradgrahamxtreme.com/index.html does anyone know if he's any good, or is he all show?

So I can't PM you b/c I haven't posted 3 posts yet, can you PM me & tell me how much for a teenager & give me your contact details please.

Thanks & have a great wknd. everyone!

Michelle
P.S. I'd recommend my former hairdresser in Woodbridge to all Torontonians, but after being treated like a 2nd class citizen for over 5 years, as good as his sister (she was my esthetician) & he were (they were very good), I said I had enough & left. So, I won't be recommending them, as attitude is just as important as the skill

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
I want to share my news. I PASSED
Ive been a hairdresser for 20 years, so taking an exam now, scared the bleep out of me. Was told by everyone not to worry that most people fail on their first attempt but you had three trys at it, at $100 bucks ago. But no need for that, first attempt and passed. (only just but who cares).
Im now legal to cut your hair Biiiiink.
Anyone interested in details let me know. (hooray, hooray,now goes off quietly, with bottle of wine)
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
Brad is great if you want an experience, I know him well. He does alot of stage work and is very busy so you might have to wait for an appointment with him.
Im in tangles on Division. come on in and we can have a chat. I will be there on thursday of this week but im going to florida for a week on friday I can recommend any of the girls in there.
Denise
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Brad is great if you want an experience, I know him well. He does alot of stage work and is very busy so you might have to wait for an appointment with him.
Im in tangles on Division. come on in and we can have a chat. I will be there on thursday of this week but im going to florida for a week on friday I can recommend any of the girls in there.
Denise
What, what, what?? When are you going? Can you squeeze me in before then?

Michelle, canbritdenise is excellent. I don't think they should let her have holidays though
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

sensualspirit is an unknown quantity at this point

You drive all the way from La Selle to see her?

I don't even know how far away that is, but it isn't next door, I know that much. Good for you I still have to find a great esthetician, I've only had 2 who knew how to do excellent eyebrows. The rest don't know what they are doing.

Really nooooo offense to women, but I have yet to have a woman cut my hair that I liked.

While I can go thru men too until I find one I like, I have found way more men who have been great vs women. Then again, it seems most of the salons I go to have men in them, I don't go to mall salons, they seem cheap to me.

In fact I only realized that men do my hair better several months ago when I tried a woman in Miss., who's originally from Montreal. You would think she has is very stylish, but my hair was just average at best. I hadn't been to a women for about 3 years prior & same thing, she didn't do great highlights or a cut.

Michelle
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

A man in LaSalle gave me red stripes, I'd drive a lot further than Kingsville to have canbritdenise work her magic
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou Biiiink,
enough with the compliments, Im still going to Florida
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thankyou Biiiink,
enough with the compliments, Im still going to Florida
Darn, it was worth a try. You enjoy Florida, please don't think of my shameful roots whilst you're there, it might spoil it for you
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

evolution is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive sent PMS for those who asked. Hope this helps. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
(they also touched on beard trimming, and eyebrow trimming)you dont have to be licenced for beautition work, which sucks, I think.
good luck to all, and dont worry.
can u please send me too i have exam next week thx
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

ninoadamson is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been a hairdresser for 20 years, so taking an exam now, scared the bleep out of me. Was told by everyone not to worry that most people fail on their first attempt but you had three trys at it, at $100 bucks ago. But no need for that, first attempt and passed. (only just but who cares).
Anyone interested in details let me know. (hooray, hooray,now goes off quietly, with bottle of wine)
Hello Denise.. I have just arrived in Ottawa myself.. long story didn't know tha ti was going to stay here but i am here now. So, i have no idea where to go to take the exam. I have read your msg and i will get hold of the book Milady, thank you for that. any information would be wonderful.. thank you Nino
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ninoadamson
Hello Denise.. I have just arrived in Ottawa myself.. long story didn't know tha ti was going to stay here but i am here now. So, i have no idea where to go to take the exam. I have read your msg and i will get hold of the book Milady, thank you for that. any information would be wonderful.. thank you Nino
Hi Nino,
look for the ministry of training offices in your area, go on in and they will set you up with everything. They are really helpful and will explain the procedure to get your licence.
goodluck with everything.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

ninoadamson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, i am very grateful.
I will seek and will let you know if i am as studious as you were and pass first time.

take care
nino
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

nikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant futurenikkiandlee has a brilliant future

HI,

Firstly Congratulations on passing your exam!!! I bet that a weight off your mind?!

I'm a hairdresser and we are planning to make the move, My question is do they recognize NVQ's in Canada?

Would you be able to let me know what its like to work there, I've been a hairdresser for 19 yrs all told, i'm apprehensive with regards to how it will be to work in Canada!

thankyou in anticipation

Nikki

Last edited by nikkiandlee; Sep 24th 2008 at 8:08 pm. Reason: typo sorry
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nikkiandlee
HI,

Firstly Congratulations on passing your exam!!! I bet that a weight off your mind?!

I'm a hairdresser and we are planning to make the move, My question is do they recognize NVQ's in Canada?

Would you be able to let me know what its like to work there, I've been a hairdresser for 19 yrs all told, i'm apprehensive with regards to how it will be to work in Canada!

thankyou in anticipation

Nikki
Hi Nikki

Not sure if they recognize NVQ's here in Alberta, but it's not enough to be able to work here.
You have to be licensed to work in any Salon and to buy professional hair products.
Canbritdenise is in Ontario and it's more or less the same there, hence the license exam she just took.
I don't know about the other provinces, i think BC is a little less stringent.
I haven't looked in to it too deeply myself yet but it's something i will be doing in the future. I have done some hair at home, friends etc, but i'm limited as i can't buy any supplies.

Don't think the pay is too fantastic either!

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.