Reload this Page >

Online Grocery Shopping

Online Grocery Shopping

Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:46 pm
Finally here!

JimLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Online Grocery Shopping

Evening

Does anyone know if the big stores do any online grocery delivery services? In the Toronto area.

Jim
Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:53 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Grocery Shopping

I wrote to Steve van der Leest (President of Overwaitea Foods - [email protected]) last year:

Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 8:36 AM
To: Steve van der Leest (Overwaitea Food Group)
Subject: Customer service proposal

Hi Steve,

You're likely a busy man, so I'll cut to the chase.

I hate shopping.

The parking, finding change for a cart, the slow aisle shuffle behind indecisive shoppers, checkout line-ups.....there must be an easier way.

Yesterday my wife shopped for groceries at the Save On store in Kamloops, but forgot her purse and staff kindly took the bagged shopping aside to a chiller, and held on to it for me to collect and pay for after work. It was the best shopping experience I've had. No hassle, walk in, collect, pay. Five minutes of my time rather than the usual hour.

While living in Europe I was used to the convenience of online grocery shopping and home delivery. Here, I appreciate the lower population density, and greater distances probably mean that business model is less feasible. It struck me yesterday though, that being able to place an order online and have a member of staff pre-bag everything for me to collect after work would be worth paying a premium for. A drive through option would be even better still. We all lead busy lives, ferrying children from place to place, trying to meet appointments, or merely not wanting to be late home for the early hockey game. Save On could gain a competitive advantage offering this service, I'd gain more time in the pub, and you'd usurp Galen Weston as the housewives' pin-up. It's a win-win for all involved.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]
28/10/2011

to me

Thanks for the note Rich – a good thought and something that we too have been trying to wrap our minds around. We will be sharing your comments with our home delivery development team.

Regards,
Steve

Seems he's been resting on his laurels, no progress in my neck of the woods yet
Old Aug 24th 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

This is one thing I miss from the UK.

On the West coast we have www.spud.ca but I don't know if there's an Ontarian equivalent.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:02 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimLondon
Evening

Does anyone know if the big stores do any online grocery delivery services? In the Toronto area.

Jim
Not a major grocery store but look at http://www.grocerygateway.com/Default.aspx