Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

One-way airline ticket on TWP

One-way airline ticket on TWP

Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice
Default Re: One-way airline ticket on TWP

only when we landed in calgary when we went to customs,but had no probs with the one way flight,there was a lady next to me who had a one way ticket,she had come to visit her husband for 6 weeks so they asked her way she only had a one way ticket,but it was all stright forward for us.
where are you flyin from and where to?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:49 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie677
only when we landed in calgary when we went to customs,but had no probs with the one way flight,there was a lady next to me who had a one way ticket,she had come to visit her husband for 6 weeks so they asked her way she only had a one way ticket,but it was all stright forward for us.
where are you flyin from and where to?
Manchester to Toronto with Thomas Cook.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:10 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Manchester to Toronto with Thomas Cook.
Whoa

A Triple whammy
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by G77
I'm in a mad panic - I've booked our flights one way for 1st September via Canadian Affair with Thomas Cook. We have a letter authorizing the TWP to be issued on landing.

They are saying that only the CHC can say whether it is acceptable to travel on a one way ticket. CHC will be shut on Sept 1st for Labour Day....

CHC website says :-

Please someone tell me they have done the same and it was ok? Or have I just wasted £800?
we have just landed with one way ticket and no a word was said only the guy from globespan asked why we have one way ticket and we told him we were goin to live in can and all he said was good luck . I reckon it should be fine youve got all your legal papers
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi all

We landed last week at Calgary on a TWP and a one way ticket we had a panic as the lady at check in at glasgow raised her eyebroews that there was no letter for our youngest but it was a brief panic all, was well.

Cheers

Tom
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:37 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi all

We landed last week at Calgary on a TWP and a one way ticket we had a panic as the lady at check in at glasgow raised her eyebroews that there was no letter for our youngest but it was a brief panic all, was well.

Cheers

Tom
Cool - did she actually ask to see the TWP letters then? My letter only has me on it because we didn't apply for a open spousal WP for the wife and my son is too young to need a study permit...
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi there

Yup she wanted to see the paperwork we had a TWP for Lynne and Open permit for me a study permit for our oldst but nothing for the youngest as he is too young for school. The woman had to go and check with her supervisor about the lack of letter for the youngest but she came back and said it was ok.

HTH

Tom
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:25 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi there

Yup she wanted to see the paperwork we had a TWP for Lynne and Open permit for me a study permit for our oldst but nothing for the youngest as he is too young for school. The woman had to go and check with her supervisor about the lack of letter for the youngest but she came back and said it was ok.

HTH

Tom
Though it does say on my letter about "accompanying dependants" - the wife is dependant on me as she doesn't work

BTW - who did you fly with?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there

We flew Zoom from Glasgow to Calgary I dont think its an issue you should be fine its just the lack of knowledge of the peeps at the airport that gets the stress up. We have been researching etc for ages and know whats supposed to happen but they dont really have a clue.

Worst case is they ohone CIC and get it confirmed. Someone flying from Cardiff posted about that happening to them a little while ago.

Cheers
Tom