Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OMG Canadian Affair Luggage allowance

OMG Canadian Affair Luggage allowance

Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:58 pm
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all
Angry OMG Canadian Affair Luggage allowance

Can this be right for an International flight

20 kg per person and 5 kg of hand luggage.

I have booked Mum and Dad flights to come over for a holiday and she aint happy.......usually brings the grand kids lots of prezzies

Is it possible to pre-book and pay for another suitcase as I am not going to pay 10 pounds per kg extra!!!!

I thought only Ryanair ripped us off for the luggage!!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG Canadian Affair Luggage allowance

Is that not the norm? I thought 20kg was the standard?

I've never really paid much attention as hubby and I always travel for less than 20kg between the two of us, even for a 3 week holiday! But I had assumed only premium airlines let you have more than 20kg.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

geeebeee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, that's right - you'd be surprised how far 50kg goes for 2 people - and tell her you have a washer so she'll need less clothes!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:12 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishsamx

I have booked Mum and Dad flights to come over for a holiday and she aint happy.......usually brings the grand kids lots of prezzies

Is it possible to pre-book and pay for another suitcase as I am not going to pay 10 pounds per kg extra!!!!

1 bag at 20kg per person is the norm for charter airlines. It's the scheduled airlines such as BA or AC that allow you more.

5kg for hand luggage is pretty standard on all airlines, it is to minamize injury if the bags fall out of the overhead bins.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:13 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

we flew over with british airways, pleb class and was allowed 2 x 32kg (max)checked luggage each and 23kg hand luggage each, which had to be in a 'case' of certain measurements (check with the airline)......and a computer bag/handbag....(we took both each!!!!)

we also paid for extra suitcases x 3 @ max 32kg @ £25 per bag......so, we took between us 9 x 32kg, 3 x 23kg handluggage and 3 x computer cases (we got the wheely ones - get more in them) and 3 x handbags........cost me £75 extra.....

this was alot of luggage.......but i was allowed, so i maxed out....

be warned, if you exceed the 32kg they will charge you £90 extra with a £10 per kilo over, upto a maxumum of £150!!!!! per bag......
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure it was 23kg per suitcase when I flew Air Canada and we bought 2 suitcases each (well we was moving )
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishsamx

they have become very strict and will charge you even if you are 1kg over.

I got away with it once and managed to check 3 bags in with a total of 35kg but that is just because the check in assistant made a mistake
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:22 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

We upgraded (not that expensive with transat) so we got 30kgs each !
I was just 1kg over and the girl at check in looked at me as though i was an international drug baron !
She was going to charge me extra but we opened up the case and put some shoes in our hand luggage which was under weight.

It depends who is on the desk but they do seem to be getting tighter nowadays
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:22 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yep, we are on CA flight when we move , hence most things will be on the container

If it is Air Transat you can try and upgrade them to club class, might be about £90 more but they theyn get 30kilos allowance
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Air Canada allow 2x 23kgs +hand luggage per person when we flew end of March
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

we were allowed tons on ice land air saga class dont know if they are still solvent though
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:13 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Flew with Air Canada last week - 2 x 23kg checked plus 1 x 10kg carry on and 1 x personal item (such as laptop) carry on. I'm pretty sure BA is the same now as well.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It costs money to carry bags, as well as using space that paying freight can take. Air fares have not gone up in relationship to costs, this is why many are in trouble. Air fares per pax mile are a bargain, less than driving an SUV.

It's nothing about being ripped off, more you are getting what you pay for.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Work out what an extra suitcase or extra kg's of luggage will cost you, then work out the price of an upgrade or paying a few hundred pounds extra for a different airline.

Tell Mum and Dad to pack mega lightly for themselves. You have a washing machine and can lend them layers if they get too hot/too cold!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

It's also fuel you are paying for as well. They estimate their fuel costs based on number of passengers etc. so if you bring extra unexpected bags/weight they need more fuel so you are partially offsetting that cost as well.

We are flying Canadian Affair/Air Transat to UK tomorrow and back next week, basic is 20Kg with 30Kg if you upgrade which was $69 so I skipped, plus $22 if you wanted to pick a seat, basically as much as they can squeeze out of you. They have pretty good flight prices right now, $150 out and $50 in but then they add on taxes and fees that total almost twice the ticket price, the flights cost like $500 (2 people) but the taxes ad fees are almost $800 so you end up paying over $1200 on what seemed like a good deal.

Plus get this, I have to fly at the last minute due to a funeral and they add on an extra $15 per person 'late booking fee'. nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.