Wikiposts

Okanagan ?

Old Aug 14th 2014, 6:27 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Okanagan ?

Originally Posted by Gowest
Work for me isn't really a problem (GP. There are at least 8 positions in okanagan vicinity at present). But for my husband it's certainly a consideration.
Thanks for the info.
Take a look at Oliver, Wine Capital of Canada.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 6:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Hawk13
But you wouldn't want to swim in them in the winter

On the skiing front - No snow in Vancouver or Victoria but you can still ski - well sometimes on the Island you can

1. Lets see there is Grouse, Seymour and Cypress Bowl within about a 20 minute drive from Downtown Vancouver, which have skiing, have to assume they have snow in the Winter as 2010 Winter Olympics had events there.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:53 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Lets see there is Grouse, Seymour and Cypress Bowl within about a 20 minute drive from Downtown Vancouver, which have skiing, have to assume they have snow in the Winter as 2010 Winter Olympics had events there.
Rarely on the ground impacting your daily life unless you go looking for it is my understanding.

Mind you, when it does reach the city I get the impression no one knows how to handle it, but thankfully its usually gone in a day or so...
Old Aug 16th 2014, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

We visited friends in Peachland last year. They LOVE it. They both work from home as very successful professional poker players so the work thing isn't an issue for them (although this is not a recommended position for many, admittedly). It would seem to tick lots of boxes, although I was far more attracted to the idea of Peachland than Kelowna itself. They spend a lot of time at the lakeshore in the summer, and their home has incredible views over Lake Okanagan.

We have just moved to the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. Population about 60,000. Short drive to skiing from here - approx 30-40 mins to Mount Washington (although the season is a little shorter than some places, the snowfall is usually really high and I am told the quality of skiing/snowboarding is good), but the valley itself gets very little snow. Also lots of beaches within a few minutes drive, and lakes too. It does rain here a lot in winter, and the summer temperatures are not as high as the Okanagan, but seem to be consistently in the mid 20s degC.

Lots of local art stuff going on. There is an indian restaurant here, although we haven't tried it yet. And I am sure there are lots of running opportunities - I've seen trail runner groups and road running groups online, and there seem to be a ton of running events (some extreme, some less so) locally.