Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OK to bring Staffordshire Bull Terriers to Canada?

OK to bring Staffordshire Bull Terriers to Canada?

Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK to bring Staffordshire Bull Terriers to Canada?

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
This can happen with any breed - also maybe she was giving off "vibes".

My last staff was an angel but suddey with 2 people he had always koved he became v agitated and wouldn't go near them, rran away and cowered if they went to him.

They both thwn fell ill and died within a week of cancer! Not at the same timw I should add!

You need to be sensible regarding any animal_ whilst I trusted my dogs I woold never leave them alone with mine or other peoplles kids. When out in public always leashed cos you don't know how kids etc will reactn run, scream, pokke ...

My current dobie ridge hound has been sewn up 3 times after being bitten by a collie a lassie type and a retriever!!! Each time thwy attacked him unprovoked as he. Was happily galumphing around tjhe park in the uk!
Don't get me wrong. Personally I have never been attacked by any dog so I'm not basing this on personal experience. But bad press is enough for me to choose a different breed.
Besides I can't say I think they're cute, I like fluffy dogs that shed hair all over my carpets! lol
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Newfies are lovely.............we bought a Golden Retriever albeit it almost 12 years ago even then she cost $600!
OK to bring Staffordshire Bull Terriers to Canada?-barrington-20111211-00242.jpg

Just for you dollface...
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:49 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Attachment 107126

Just for you dollface...
aaaaawwww gorgeous what's his/her name?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

aaaaawwww gorgeous what's his/her name?
This was taken about 5 months ago. Now she's a big 90lb lump!!! Her name is Milly and she is the softest, sweetest pup I have ever known. Not so hot on the behavior front, she chews things if left unattended! But she'll grow out of it... hopefully!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

We're all entitled to an opinion. That's why I used a question mark????????
I've no desire to educate myself on a breed i'd never have, so get off your high horse and try being a little more polite to other posters.
Don't post garbage.. then I won't need to/..
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:23 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clay
Don't post garbage.. then I won't need to/..
Mind your manners, and back off, I have zero desire to continue this ping pong match with you! you seem to be as agressive as the breed is made out to be.

Last edited by dollface; Jun 10th 2012 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill
This was taken about 5 months ago. Now she's a big 90lb lump!!! Her name is Milly and she is the softest, sweetest pup I have ever known. Not so hot on the behavior front, she chews things if left unattended! But she'll grow out of it... hopefully!
But her wee face makes up for it
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:45 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

We're all entitled to an opinion. That's why I used a question mark????????
I've no desire to educate myself on a breed i'd never have, so get off your high horse and try being a little more polite to other posters.
Tbh DF this is the typical response that drives bull terrier owners to distraction.

Either educate yourself or if you don't want to don't churn out the hype without. Checking your facts .
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:41 pm

Tbh DF this is the typical response that drives bull terrier owners to distraction.

Either educate yourself or if you don't want to don't churn out the hype without. Checking your facts .
As stated by a previous poster - the bad press is more than enough for me, no need to check any further into things.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:54 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

As stated by a previous poster - the bad press is more than enough for me, no need to check any further into things.
So you believe everything you are told and read?
Awesome!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:58 pm

So you believe everything you are told and read?
Awesome!
Whatever.

Last edited by dollface; Jun 10th 2012 at 11:01 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: OK to bring Staffordshire Bull Terriers to Canada?

think we should put this thread to bed,
people will always have preconceived ideas when the press get hold of stories! To the original OP, bring your pet! He/she is part of your family and it makes moving to a new country much easier to handle. You will know by now that you will get negative reaction but I never found that in my neck of the woods, besides my dog was the "original" type and small and people did not seem to react badly to her, she was well liked in the neighbourhood!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:06 pm
half a century

Whatever.
Fantasticaly well though out response - I applaud you!

Anyway _ to the OP Staffies can be brought into certain provinces, however as you can see, you will encounter ignorance everywhere ! .
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:09 pm

Fantasticaly well though out response - I applaud you!

Anyway _ to the OP Staffies can be brought into certain provinces, however as you can see, you will encounter ignorance everywhere ! .
somethings/people just aint worth it.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:15 pm
half a century

somethings/people just aint worth it.
No they are not - I am suprised you find it amusing as I thought you were a fairly sensiblle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.