OHIP question

Old Jul 29th 2012, 12:51 pm
Banned

Rollios is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OHIP question

Quick question regarding OHIP, I will be over on a working holiday visa, I understand that residents I should be eligble for OHIP after 3 months? Do I need to sign up for this as soon as I get to Ontario, then I get my card 3 months later. Or do I just wait?

Also what proof do I need to get the OHIP?

I looked http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ but it didn't really help
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OHIP question

Click the FAQ link in the page you were looking at. See the 'open work permit' question for info for temporary workers.

When we arrived, we went to the OHIP office fairly soon after we arrived, and our cards arrived a few days before the 3 month waiting period was up. I think they prefer you to do it in advance if you can, they take the date from your immigration paperwork anyway.