Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OH! NO! Not Again!

OH! NO! Not Again!

Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:55 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy OH! NO! Not Again!

As some of you may remember my MIL passed suddenly without warning in January, now we have just been informed that my FIL has passed away, he went into hospital on Saturday with possible pneumonia (it was pneumonia) and suffered a fatal heart attack later that day. My poor poor hubby

So now we have to fly to the UK again but this time it will be worse as hubby is next of kin (and the only one). We have an entire housefull of stuff to go through and stuff we don't even know about to sort out......Oh my gosh! Hubby is hoping to get everything sorted within 2 weeks, I have my doubts that that can be done though, if anyone can give us a clue on the timing of things like settling estates that would be really helpful.

On the upside in hubby's words......At least we get to have a kebab and I WILL take the necessary time out to see my Grandad - even if it means a 12 hour roundtrip to Newcastle and my Mummy is having an op on the 4th so I get to give her a recovery boost too.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:59 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH! NO! Not Again!

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
As some of you may remember my MIL passed suddenly without warning in January, now we have just been informed that my FIL has passed away, he went into hospital on Saturday with possible pneumonia (it was pneumonia) and suffered a fatal heart attack later that day. My poor poor hubby

So now we have to fly to the UK again but this time it will be worse as hubby is next of kin (and the only one). We have an entire housefull of stuff to go through and stuff we don't even know about to sort out......Oh my gosh! Hubby is hoping to get everything sorted within 2 weeks, I have my doubts that that can be done though, if anyone can give us a clue on the timing of things like settling estates that would be really helpful.

On the upside in hubby's words......At least we get to have a kebab and I WILL take the necessary time out to see my Grandad - even if it means a 12 hour roundtrip to Newcastle and my Mummy is having an op on the 4th so I get to give her a recovery boost too.
Sorry to hear your news Piff.

I like your Hubby's thinking any chance you can nip to burnley and get me a decent steak pudding supper? Some tripe? a black pudding? A decent indian PLEASE
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:14 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news Piff.

Unfortunately, all too often a widowed person can lose their spark when their partner dies and they can often succumb to illness in short period of time.

It's a real shame for your hubby. It's going to be a very busy time ahead. Make sure he takes time out for himself to reflect on happier times.

It will be nice for your to see your mum. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:16 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys - Butch do you really want tripe?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:18 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I've PM'd you.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:20 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys - Butch do you really want tripe?
The good stuff off Burnley Market YES
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:20 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

oh L as soon as I read the title of the thread my heart sank. Yes poor hubby but poor both of you with a lot to do in a little time.

I think auto pilot mode will take over but I think if you do a google search for Estate handling etc it will bring up the basics - ie was there a will, is your hubby executor, etc etc.

The funeral home will be able to help you with all this they have all the forms and leaflets and can guide you through to the right people.

Thoughts go to all of you right now from both me and Mr MMC
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I've PM'd you.

Thank you - there should be something in your inbox!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
oh L as soon as I read the title of the thread my heart sank. Yes poor hubby but poor both of you with a lot to do in a little time.

I think auto pilot mode will take over but I think if you do a google search for Estate handling etc it will bring up the basics - ie was there a will, is your hubby executor, etc etc.

The funeral home will be able to help you with all this they have all the forms and leaflets and can guide you through to the right people.

Thoughts go to all of you right now from both me and Mr MMC
Thank you!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

My deepest sympathy....

On a practical note, it can take some time to arrange things and it depends on how organised things were, ie if there is a will, it's easier.

Here is a link that hopefully helps.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...eath/index.htm
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by G586
My deepest sympathy....

On a practical note, it can take some time to arrange things and it depends on how organised things were, ie if there is a will, it's easier.

Here is a link that hopefully helps.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...eath/index.htm

Thank you.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:42 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear your sad news.

all the best to your family.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear this Piff Poff - what a rough old time for everyone, especially hubby. Heartfelt good wishes to you all.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:23 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your news - our thoughts are with you. What a terrible time of it you are having.

My OH had to go back to Scotland in a hurry yesterday as his mum suffered a heart attack (and possible stroke) on Saturday night, and things are not looking too hopeful at the moment.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:37 am
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to you and hubby. It's a lot to get done and very emotionally draining, but you will manage,honestly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.